Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

should i go to the er??

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:44 AM
  • 9 Replies
Well this all started last week with a sore throat. Now tonight i feel even worst my throat is killing me i have.a cough thats making my throat hurt worst and my temperature is at 98.8 which is high for me. Im 17 weeks pregnate also. should i go to the er? Im gonna take a warm shower to see if it helps but what do u ladies think?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
army_wifey_06
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:45 AM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't. I might call my doctor though and make an appointment if I wasn't feeling better after a few days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:53 AM

I would call the on call doctor before going in. There isn't much they can do for you unless it is strep or an infection. I would just take some tylenol, get as hydrated as you can, and go to bed.

mommie2bof1
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:07 AM
What if i end up getting a fever?

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

I would call the on call doctor before going in. There isn't much they can do for you unless it is strep or an infection. I would just take some tylenol, get as hydrated as you can, and go to bed.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LongBeachLiz
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:14 AM
Call your doctor. Er isn't gonna do much but possibly get you sick with something more serious. If you get a fever take tylenol. It will help reduce it. 98.8 is still ok. You'll get different readings with diff types of thermometers in diff areas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Porcellin_face
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:29 AM
As long as you can keep a fever under control with tylenol you're fine. If its not responding to tylenol (allow at least 30 minutes after taking it) and over 101 then go in.
precious1114
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:16 AM
I wouldnt go in but see ur dr tomorrow. They tell u that unless ur fever is over 100.4 while u are pregnant then its fine. Although its high for you its not an actaul fever. Sometimes the er can do more harm then good. I would try to wait it out. Try some hot tea or some cold water and keeping liquids down though its hard to swallow. Take some tynol and call the dr tomorrow. The er really cant do much and a sore throat wont hurt the baby its just going to cause you misery like any other sickness lol. I hopw u start feeking better
groversbabe
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:53 AM

i think you will be fine. just call your doc.

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:38 PM

Then you can call and ask if they want to see you. But until then, they won't do anything.

Quoting mommie2bof1:

What if i end up getting a fever?

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

Aprillee82
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:50 PM
What is your norm temp? Because 98.6 is the avg temp for anyone. So if you go in with 98.8 nurses will most likely say you are prego and temp is normal for pregos. My norm is 97.6 just how I run. But I would ask the doctor or maybe L&D to see what you can take to help you feel better. It's sooo hard being pregnant and sick. I think it's more miserable than anything.

Quoting mommie2bof1:

Well this all started last week with a sore throat. Now tonight i feel even worst my throat is killing me i have.a cough thats making my throat hurt worst and my temperature is at 98.8 which is high for me. Im 17 weeks pregnate also. should i go to the er? Im gonna take a warm shower to see if it helps but what do u ladies think?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)