Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birth plan?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:47 AM
  • 5 Replies

I am looking at writting up a birth plan.  I just want to make sure that after the baby is checked, I get the skin to skin contact and breast feeding during that first moment.

Have you made a birth plan?  Did it work out like you planned?

Did you make it yourself or use a certain format?  Is there a recomended website with example birth plans?

Thanks!

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
haymanisourson
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:55 AM
I just told them what I wanted at the hospital. With my second I went into labor when my doc was off so they didn't even have my file at the hospital. They will ask you a ton of questions when yoj register so you can tell them then.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it almost NEVER goes exactly as planned...GL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whimsyjuggalett
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:57 AM

I don't do birth plans. My only goal is to get the baby out and successfully breastfeed it

cutiepie8611
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:02 AM
My plan is like yours but i just googled birth plan an got lots of info :^)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brenatens
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:08 AM

I'm just nervous about not having it in writting.  A friend of mine had a baby that was taken away to be checked out.  They transfer the mother and baby to another floor after birth.  The baby was bottle fed and passed out before the mother arrived on the floor.  She felt really strongly about breast feeding, but the staff on the other floor didn't know about her wishes.

Quoting haymanisourson:

I just told them what I wanted at the hospital. With my second I went into labor when my doc was off so they didn't even have my file at the hospital. They will ask you a ton of questions when yoj register so you can tell them then.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it almost NEVER goes exactly as planned...GL

haymanisourson
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:36 AM
Wow that's crazy. At my hospital everything happens in one room. You labor, deliver, recover all in the same room and baby gets checked out right next to your bed. But those were all reasons why I picked that hospital. If I were you I would just write down what you want and put it in your hospital bag, sounds like that hospital has its own prerogative.

Quoting brenatens:

I'm just nervous about not having it in writting.  A friend of mine had a baby that was taken away to be checked out.  They transfer the mother and baby to another floor after birth.  The baby was bottle fed and passed out before the mother arrived on the floor.  She felt really strongly about breast feeding, but the staff on the other floor didn't know about her wishes.

Quoting haymanisourson:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)