Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

questions about spoting during early pregnancy

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:28 AM
  • 10 Replies

I am around 4-5 weeks pregnant and last night, I wiped after peeing and noticed my discharge was the color of old blood. Very very very light and only when I wiped. This happened once more in the evening, then I went pee twice more before bed and there was nothing there when I wiped. No discharge, no spotting. WHEW! Then this morning, I pee'd twice, both times with nothing. Then I went #2 and I wiped my woman parts first to check, and there was the same discharge, the color of old blood and a small, black clot, about 1 millimeter around-small!!!! Since then I have had no spotting for the rest of the day. What could this mean? Im worried because I didnt have any spoting with my first. I have no cramping at all, and ther is no sign of any bright red blood. Nothing even has ever stained my underwear. Could this be old implantation blood? Im almost 1 week late on my period and I got my BFP yesterday. Has anyone had anything like this? Or had implantation spotting AFTER a BFP? Im pretty confused and trying not to be scared. I know that if theres no cramping or bright red heavy blood, everything should be fine, but can any of you give me some insight as to whats going on? Is it normal? THanks in advance! :-)

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amc103
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:34 AM

BUMP!

xooxjuliaxoox
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:34 AM

spotting can be very normal in early pregnancy i bled with this one but not with my other 2, call your doc and tell them about it. its probly nothing but better safe then sorry right ?good luck

amc103
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:41 AM

I still need to make an appt..I just found out yesterday, lol! But yeah, better safe than sorry. :-) THank you for sharing! Makes me take a breath. :-) Congrats on your pregnancy, btw! :-)

Quoting xooxjuliaxoox:

spotting can be very normal in early pregnancy i bled with this one but not with my other 2, call your doc and tell them about it. its probly nothing but better safe then sorry right ?good luck

amc103
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:55 AM

Please?? anyone else?

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:00 AM

I have had spotting early in the pregnancy, and everything was perfectly normal.  I am not sure why it happened.

mommymary6507
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:25 AM

Could be implantation blood. I have had spotting during every single pregnancy of mine.

With first DD it lasted a few days in my 11th week. All was well. She is a healthy 4 year old.

2nd pregnancy, started 5 weeks, and it tunred out to be a blighted ovum.

3rd pregnancy started right after BFP. it was chemical.

4th pregnancy. Started right at 5 weeks again, lasted a good 5 and a half weeks, brown discharge, would be of a maroon color after going numer 2. Luckily all is well this time around, and we are expecting our 2nd baby girl :)

My advice, if you feel uneasy, call your Doctor. Sometimes they will test HCG to ensure it is rising as it should, or even give you an ultra sound. Many reasons for spotting in early pregnancy. It doesn't always mean something is wrong. But it could at the same time. Good luck :)

Lilypie - (zBRT) 

Mrs.Morgan
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:46 AM

Spotting is normal just watch the color and also for cramping.

amc103
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:14 AM

thanks ladies! I appreciate all the feedback. :-) I will be making my first appt next week. So far, after my number 2 this AM, no other spotting which is good i think. I'll keep you all updated. :-)

trinity0mamma
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:16 AM

With my first boarn i spotted the entire pregency and with this one i have spotted once and im 6 weeks pregnant today

i belive early spotting is normal and some woman still have mensteral cycles in pregency

xooxjuliaxoox
by on Nov. 11, 2011 at 10:28 AM

emergency room silly lol

Quoting amc103:

I still need to make an appt..I just found out yesterday, lol! But yeah, better safe than sorry. :-) THank you for sharing! Makes me take a breath. :-) Congrats on your pregnancy, btw! :-)

Quoting xooxjuliaxoox:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)