Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hot Baths Bad For Baby, But How Else Can I Relax? Help!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:35 AM
  • 19 Replies

Hi All, I Love Taking Hot Baths, It Really Helps With My Cramping And Back Ache. I Recently Read Anything OVer 102 Is Potentially Harmful To my Baby. I Took My Bath Water Temp This Morning It Was 104 And Luke Warm To Me... So I need Advice On How To Relax And A Way To Soothe My Cramps. Im In My First Trimester This Is My First Pregnancy And Im Super Excited. 

I Worry About If This Is Hurting It Or That Is... So I Need Some Advice! =)

Thanks! Shelby & Baby!

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
haymanisourson
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:40 AM
I think the danger with hot baths is that it can raise baby's temp to a dangerous level, but in order to do that you will have to be sitting in a hot tub for at least 30 minutes. My ob always recommended hot baths for discomfort, however I believe a scalding hot shower is what made me go into labor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CuppKake
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:43 AM

Thanks For Replying I Was Starting To Think No One Would Lol!

Im Only 3 Weeks 3 Days, So Im REALLY New To This. I Havent Had An OB Appointment Yet They Just Gave Me My Due Date And Said Come Back So I Feel Left In The Dark.

I Think Im Going To Try Adding More Cold Water Even Though I HATE Sitting In Luke Warm Water LoL!

mommy2bRN007
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:44 AM
I have never heard that... I have always taken hot baths and still do, this is my 3rd pregnancy.
Maybe try a heating pad?
amc103
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:45 AM

I worried about that too with my DS...I LOVE hot baths! PP is right, about why they are not good, but I tried to be reasonable with them. NOt every day and dont sit in them for too long. Try to only take one when you're REALLY sore. :-) Congrats on your pregnancy! Its so exciting!

CuppKake
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:47 AM

Thank you! Im Estatic I Already Love This Baby Sooo Much! And I Just Worry About He Or She Sooo Much! lol Worried Mommy Syndrome Already! My Cramps Arnt Too Bad Just Like Period Cramps But I Also Work So Its Very uncomfortable To Me... Im Going To Invest In A Heating Pad For Sure =)

BrittanyLatham
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I take hot showers and use a heating pad on low.

NookBoookMom
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:01 AM

I take hot showers for my back aches or try using some icy hot or rice socks.

Toomsie
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:01 AM

Hot baths are the simplest (and loveliest) way to alleviate the many aches associated with being a human pod. And don't worry about the temperature (no matter what your grandma says) - as long as you're not burning yourself, your body will be able to regulate the temperature in your womb.

http://pregnancy.baby-gaga.com/calendar/week25

lfrrll5
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:07 AM
I would just make sure your not in the bath too long. I take hot showers all the time. I just set a timer so I'm not in more than 15 to 20 minutes. I also don't adjust the heat as my body adjusts to of like I would if I were pregnant. I'm now pregnant with my 7th and still doing the same thing. We are 30 weeks today and she is healthy as can be.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CuppKake
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:10 AM
That's good! This is my first and these first 3 months are gonna worry me horribly! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)