Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cribs and Strollers

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:09 AM
  • 26 Replies

Ok I wanted everyone's oppinions on cribs and strollers.  I am short and since I know that drop side cribs no longer are allowed to be sold does anyone have any suggestions on a crib that may or may not have worked well for them being short and having to reach down to the bottom as they get older (if they fall asleep in your arms etc) without waking them up? 

Also strollers, I am looking for something that is not too heavy and really easy to open and close, suggestions please? 

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KatieGirls2
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:35 AM
I still have a drop crib.... I know they have ones that have a downward curve too them, that would give you a few inches... I have a friend who is short I'll ask her what she does and get back to you.... :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MetalMomma09
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:41 AM
I'm 4'10'' and I am having the same problem. My dh and I are thinking of getting a pack n play and using that instead of a crib b/c of my height. I'm pretty pissed about the dropside ban. I have a dropside crib, but my dh and I don't want to use it in case something were to happen. If you find out something different let me know!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:57 AM

bump!

Oneatatimemommy
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:11 AM

IDK about the crib but for a stroller maybe look at the snap and go  It is where you just attach the car seat to the frame.  Then go to an umbrella stroller when baby is old enough (can sit unassisted).

smilingrl19
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:56 PM

Thank you everyone I am glad I am not the only one with this crib issue.  I kind of like the pack and play idea, although it certainly takes away from the nursery lol but I guess for convenience and my back I could deal with it.  I am going to continue shopping around and will definitely let you know if I find anything different.  I have a long way to go so I have some time :) 

EricaMac
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this

honestly to me a crib is unnecessary, you could use a bassinet or a playard.  i have a crib and we use it on the side of the bed for co-sleeping, but that could easily be done with an arm's reach co-sleeper.  point is, you don't have to have one, there are many different bedding options for babies besides big expensive cribs.

luvzmykiddos
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:22 PM

I am pretty short too....5'2. We have a drop-gate crib for this baby. 

As for the stroller, we are getting the Graco LiteRider travel system. It's supposed to be light and portable...foldable with one hand  (:

xanayda
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:23 PM
Maybe a step stool would work? i don't know about a stroller tho.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kelly617
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:45 PM

I'm only 5'1 (on a good day) and I got a graco crib from walmart...and I can reach into it pretty well. My parents also got us a Graco stroller that I love its the "Benton" style and the best part is that it folds up pretty flat by the push of a button so its pretty easy to use

mamaK0911
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:50 PM
Pack n play for sure! IMO they are much more practical. They banned the drop side crib for a reason (I believe crib bumpers, too, or they are strongly cautioning people not to use them). I just think pack n plays are much safer than cribs! They make padded mattresses and mattress covers for them as well :)
I wouldn't go the route of a bulky stroller, either. I prefer a baby carrier so baby is right on me for support and comfort and then once she's old enough she'll just be in a simple umbrella stroller if/when necessary.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)