• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can you still cross your legs without discomfort?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:15 AM
  • 16 Replies

Are you still sitting ladylike or you given up?

Fun fact: Crossing you legs at the knee is not considered ladylike in polite company, it's actually considered man-ish or even fast. Crossing demurely at the ankle is the correct way to do it. LOL

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:28 AM
Nope i realized last night i cant do it anymore. But then i sleep i curl my legs up and cross my ankles like that :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whimsyjuggalett
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:30 AM

Nope, haven't been able to cross my legs comfortably for a while now. Actually now I sit with them wide open in the privacy of my own home lol, I sit like a guy. I am 39 weeks.

pregowithfifth
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:30 AM

I can not cross my legs the most comfortable way to sit right now is cris cross applesauce.  I even have a hard time just sitting with both feet on the floor.  I keep telling myself only a few more weeks only a few more weeks only a few more weeks.

CafeMom Tickers
.Angelica.
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:33 AM

i'm almost 32 weeks and can. my legs just fall asleep quickly

mamaK0911
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:35 AM
I still do it often (habit I guess) but as a PP said my legs go numb fairly quickly, it is more comfortable now to sit with my legs as far apart as possible.
I'm 40 weeks today.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bonnebell81
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:36 AM

LOL I think I have never crossed my legs at the ankle! I can still cross them just feels uncomfortable sometimes, they fall asleep.

babygomez
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:52 AM
Nope, i don't even try anymore, haha.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Morgan
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:13 AM

Yeah I'm fine with crossing mine but sometimes the way the baby is positioned I have sit cross legged. and ha hah to all that political stuff but interesting to know.

MommyK1022
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:16 AM
Nope...with baby snuggled way down there, I can't even sit with my legs closed =/ sooo uncomfortable
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunnymommy122
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:57 PM

Yes, I can still cross my legs just fine.  We'll see if that stops at some point this time...I am 29 weeks today.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)