Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

calling all moms of a toddler and had baby number 2!!!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:28 AM
  • 13 Replies

I have a two year old little girl and im 11 weeks pregnant with baby number 2. Im scared to death on how Raevynn is goin to do with this one. If anyone can give any insight on how things went, if they did anything to help the 2 year old get ready. She has two older brothers from her dad, so shes not use to being the only one, but she is mommys only one. Thank u!!!

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kylansmommy09
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:33 AM

BUMP!

tobemomofthree
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:39 AM
Going through the same worry myself. I'm sahm and my 3yr old is used to getting all my attention during the day. Older DS is almost 13 so YDS is used to being on top of the list for everyone. I'm sure it'll all fall into place tho:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babydsmommy18
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this

My son was 19 months old when my DD was born threw out my whole pregnancy I would tell him aboutthe baby and he went to our US with us and got to see her I also Bought him a book called "I'm going to be a big brother" and I read it to him every night He did really good with her when she was born he always wanted to help me get diapers and wrap her in a blanket.. My DD was only 11 months when My DS2 was born and I did the same thing with her even thou she kinda didnt care..lol but she got a book called "big sister" and i read it to her every night along with my DS1's Big brother book.. They both did relly well when DS2 was born, They have had their moments of jelousy DD even started sucking o a pacifer again when DS2 was born which she had not done since 3 months old but she got over it and now they are all three the best of friends they are now 1,2 &3.5 years old :)

MetalMomma09
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:42 AM
Im in the same boat. I have a 2yr old dd and im 5wks preggo with #2. I have been playing with her dolls and getting her used to a baby that way. I dont know if its working or not, but its worth a shot!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:43 AM
My son will be almost 5 when his sister comes. I just include him in everything. we always talk about the baby and what we are going to do with her. He had a little practice around my niece.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamaK0911
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:44 AM
My DD just turned 2 on Oct 21st and I am due with another DD today. Once I have her I will update you to let you know how she reacts to meeting her sister :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babygomez
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:49 AM
My second child will be here soon, but i really have no worries on how my 3 year old daughter will do. From the beginning, we have talked about my pregnancy, talked about how she will have a baby brother come live with us, we go to the library and check out sibling and family books, and now that everything is set up (crib, carseat, etc.), she is soo excited for his arrival! :)

Best wishes!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Devious103102
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:59 AM

I found out I was preg with DD2 (almost 8wks along) when the day before DD1 turned 1. She was a great big sister. We made sure to prepare her for being a big sister way before the baby was born, explained to her (as well as you could any 1yr old) what was going to happen, ect. She was never jealous, was always a big help and pretty much lived for DD2 =0) 

Rae09
by Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:07 AM

Well thank u all. Im goin to look into some books. I think having her big brothers will help to. Her oldest brother will be 9 when this one comes. lol He does really good with playing with her and helping. My biggest fear is that she will think its a doll and i will turn around for two sec and she will be trying to carry him or her lol

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:42 AM

We talked lots about what she can help us do when baby gets here. What could happen when baby comes here. That she can tell us when she needs us. I made breastfeeding story time. So she felt included. During diaper changes she would help get diapers or wet wipes. I also made sure we spent time alone. We have Mommy and me time. I love those days with my girls. Just sitting down and doing playdough, coloring, cooking with them, little things like that means the world to them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)