• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Braxton Hicks contractions in the 19th week

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:50 AM
  • 7 Replies

I'm 19 weeks now, and I've already had three Braxton Hicks contractions.  They were quite painful but they went away when I changed position.  I knew what they were right away, and I called my dr just to be safe.  I'm only in the 5th month but my dr did tell me that in subsequent pregnancies, you might feel BH contractions sooner and harder than with the first child.  She said they start happening around the 7th week but the earliest you can feel them is in the fourth month.  I was just wondering if anybody else has had them earlier like this???

Emily and Dwane 9-22-07   Miles 11-19-08  Beautiful Baby due 4-3-12

The Kind of Mother I Am

Formula-feeding, disposable-diapering, babyproofing, pro-epidural, SIDS-awareness-promoting, non-co-sleeping, vaccinating stay at home mom!

I love my friends and family.  Blessed, blessed, blessed.

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
nebraskamomof3
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:55 AM

I started have BH with my last pregnancy at 14wks or 15wks especially after DTD :) this is my 4th so I assume it will be the same thing again.

bonnebell81
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:01 AM

Yes! I had them earlier with pregnancy #2 and now with #3 I have felt thems since 17 weeks, they are def getting more frequent and uncomfortable I have noticed this even more now at 32 weeks.

whimsyjuggalett
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:03 AM

I started having BH at 18 weeks with my 4th pregnancy.

kylansmommy09
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:06 AM

you actually start braxton hicks contraction as soon as your pregnant but you cannot feel them it is common to feel them sooner in the second, third, ect pregnancy. Good luck Mommy

Sharell8710
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:18 AM

I had BH in my 12th week this pregnancy. I started drinking more water and resting when possible. Things slowed down until I hit 32ish weeks. Keep hydrated.

CafeMom Tickers
Mrs.Morgan
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:25 AM

Yep I had them really early

dustbunny
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I am pregnant with my 4th.  With each of my prior pregnancies, I have had these contractions but never that caused me any pain until this pregnancy.  I talked to my doctor about having these crampy Braxton-Hicks contractions and that they were keeping me up at night.  She suggested that I take Tylenol PM when I experience the painful contractions.  Tylenol PM takes about 45 minutes to kick in.  Sunday night, I came down with a cold.  I was having the painful Braxton-Hicks contractions along with the cold symptoms of achey joints and a headache.  I took Tylenol PM and within 45 minutes, the pain from the Braxton Hicks contractions, the head ache, and the achey joints was gone.  I was able to sleep like a baby.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)