Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is anyone else...

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:58 AM
  • 13 Replies

Having recurring dreams about getting drunk while pregnant?? I keep having these dreams about getting really hammered while pregnant. In my dreams I know I'm pregnant, and I always say something about feeling guilty, but I keep drinking in them. I wake up feeling like such a scumbag lol. I do enjoy drinking, but I'm not dying to get drunk again or anything like that...Just wondering if anything similar is happening to anyone else.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaFisch
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:03 AM

Cruelest trick of Mother Nature to me! Lol, I'm not really a drinker (maybe one or two beers a month) but since becoming pregnant, it's all I want.

I keep thinking about getting 'smashed' per se, and while I never would with my baby, the craving is INSANE!

hailey3
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:07 AM
I am not a drinker only been drunk.once lol and that's was just before I.turned 30! I do however really want wine. Its all I want lately. But I also want chips, check mix, caffeine, chocolate and all that lol. I'm being good though. Its always what u can't have that u want the most!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whimsyjuggalett
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:08 AM

Nope, but I never drank to begin with.

MommyK1022
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:14 AM
I feel the same way..but my dreams are with smoking (cigarettes).. I smoked before I was pregnant and I wouldn't dare smoke while I have baby in my belly.. I've been smoking since I was 18 and with all 3 of my last pregnancies, I stopped smoking but a month after, i would start smoking..

I guess my situation is a little different =) I think I have my dreams so that I could completely stop smoking.. Hopefully it works lol I've been wanting to stop =)

But your not alone =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Morgan
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:23 AM

nope but I don't drink like at all and want to have a drink sometimes but will never do it.

Larsbug
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:34 AM

I always crave beer when I am pregnant and I am not a big drinker... DH is a recovering alcoholic so I don't drink around him to be respectful.

NearlyNewMom19
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Haha, I was definitely a social drinker pre-prego days, and I do miss it. I haven't had a drink since becoming pregnant, even though I always consider a glass of red wine, but I'm too nervous and never go through with it. Don't feel like a scumbag! I think it's normal. Besides, it's just a dream! As long as you don't do anything bad and endup with a child with FAS, vicariously enjoy the drinks in your dreams, lol.

mightbewrong317
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:25 PM

Yeah I was a smoker pre-pregnancy too. I quit soon after I found out. I was a smoker for ten years so I am always smoking like a fiend while I'm getting hammered in my dreams lol. And it's always so delicious! Ugh. Glad I'm not alone!

Quoting MommyK1022:

I feel the same way..but my dreams are with smoking (cigarettes).. I smoked before I was pregnant and I wouldn't dare smoke while I have baby in my belly.. I've been smoking since I was 18 and with all 3 of my last pregnancies, I stopped smoking but a month after, i would start smoking..

I guess my situation is a little different =) I think I have my dreams so that I could completely stop smoking.. Hopefully it works lol I've been wanting to stop =)

But your not alone =)

CafeMom Tickers
spazchicken
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:37 PM

I have not but being drunk in dreams myself.  Usually means that you have a fear of losing control over something or that  you are acting careless about something in your life.

MrsCorky
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:40 PM
I like my nightly wine, so I have been craving it like crazy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)