• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

House Wifes/Gfs/SO

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:03 PM
  • 13 Replies

Is anyone else a house wife? I mean i love it i love staying home with my 2 year old step daughter and knowing ill never have some stranger watching my baby. But i feel that since ive gotten pregnant ive been less motivated to do everything. I feel like my hubby should help like i actually need help now. Has anyone else had this feeling? Am i just jealous cause im in a house all day and cant be around people?

babyfaithisonherway

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mem82
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:06 PM

I stay at home and do most of the work. I expect Hubby to help out as needed, though. 8)

mem82
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:10 PM

Everyone gets bogged down at some point in pregnancy. Try to do what you can, and also try getting out of the house. Plus, remember the principles of inertia: Inertia is the resistance of any physical object to a change in its state of motion or rest, or the tendency of an object to resist any change in its motion. It is proportional to an object's mass.

RingaroundPosey
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:11 PM

I stay home, clean as much as I can. My hubby don't ever complain if one day the dishes aren't done, or the floors unswept....but I usually always do those things. I don't do any extreme cleaning, and hubby don't expect me to. But, man, the closer i get to being due, the more i see those dust bunnies and clutter that drives me NUTS! lol

I think asking for help isn't a bad idea when your tired/bloated/swollen/achey/moody from making a baby 24/7...making a human in your womb is hard work alone! Then you got housework, toddler stuff, etc to deal with on top of that lol

HayliesMommy07
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:13 PM

Since ive gotten preg, ive stayed at home bc we moved to where we dont know anyone. Im soon to be a SAHM... but it does suck sitting here all the time not being around anybody.

spazchicken
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:56 PM

Yeah, there are times where I don't feel like doing anything for a few days in a row because I get boughts of tiredness or exhaustion so I feel guilty sometimes.  It's also hard socially because you cannot be around people so sometimes I feel like a caveman being around people.   I DO have times though where I have tons of motivation and want to clean and get things done...so I take advantage of that!

Larsbug
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:47 PM

I am in the same boat!! I don't mind doing it all (though help would be nice) when I am not pregnant but when I am pregnant I MAKE him help me

tobemomofthree
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm a sahm mom and was getting really frusterated with the lack of help my husband and kids offered (oldest DS is almost 13 so he's old enough to pitch in). I had a complete breakdown one day. My dad said it best to my hubby when he said, "you go yo work everyday to get a paycheck to provide a good life for your family, you wouldn't agree to work if it was free. A stay at home moms only paycheck is a thank you and help every now and then. So just like you get your check don't ever forget to pay her".... It was night and day, hubby definetly helps when needed without me really having to ask.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcclellanlass
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:59 PM
I'm not a sahm. My son is 13 almost 14 months and our lil bean is due in May. I tried the sahm thing after my son was born and hated it. I work because I chose to.

But either way it is the husbands responsibility t step up and help out. Its all in the package of being a family man, lover and provider.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
myheartisyours
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:01 PM
I'm a house wife/sahm & I HATE it. I mean I love being around my kids but I need some adult interaction! My dh isn't cutting it because even he acts like a child. I don't think I've ever been so bored in my life until I lost my job!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MetalMomma09
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:06 PM
I am in that stage now! My dh is awesome he is all about me taking it easy especially b/c we have a 2yr old dd and well she is 2 so you get it! He helps me clean on weekends and helps with zoey after he gets home from work cause she's a daddy's girl and when daddy is home mommy doesn't exist lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)