• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DH doesnt want me to go natural....

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:36 PM
  • 15 Replies

I've never seen my dh cringe the way he did last night... i'd told him before i wanted to do hypnobirthing and try to go without any drugs at all and i think he thought i was joking!! i brought it up agian last night and he was squirming in his seat!!!!!!

his response was "i like how it went last time, you werent in any pain"...

this is coming from a guy that watched the baby pop out of my vagina and thought it was "cool"... and here he is about to drop to his knees by the thought of me being in pain!!!!!

haha i love him! I told him this is what i really want and that he's gonna have to deal with seeing me in "pain"..

he has a good heart! i just told him i hated the fact that i couldnt feel my body or be in control of what was going on and even after having the baby it was embarasing that i couldnt feel when i was peeing myself!!

i think we're going to HAVE to go to at LEAST 1 hypnobirthing class together so he's prepared!! we have busy schedules and they always conflict with the classes, but we're going to have to find a way to get to at least 1.. if not MORE!!

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
spazchicken
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:43 PM
2 moms liked this

You guys should watch the business of being born ;) That really opened my husband's eyes, more than I would have thought!

Heather2001
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:44 PM

My hubby isn't a big fan of labor and birth, but he's a trooper and lets me do it how I want, lol.  Good luck!

CjEmmemommy
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:48 PM

That is sweet but if you plan to go natural you should include him in everything so he isn't surprised especially since he is nervous abou it.

We had 2 hosptial births bc they Husband wasn't sure about my home birth plans but with our last he felt better after meeting our midwife and decided it was the GREATEST experiance and I would have to agree...

I hope the 2 of you enjoy this birth the way we did! It was very bonding for the 2 of us and our children.

Devious103102
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:49 PM

DH told me he doesn't like the thought of me being in pain but he's gonna be there to help me do it however I want.

akrogers13
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this

i've seen it and plan to show dh soon too.. it def opened my eyes!!!! i still plan to give birht in the hospital... but i will not let them do anything to me that i dont wnt!!

Quoting spazchicken:

You guys should watch the business of being born ;) That really opened my husband's eyes, more than I would have thought!

mem82
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Rob thinks birth is neat, too and that it makes him feel even more manly, when I give birth. LOL All those feelings we go through becoming moms, the dads get the same feelings.

Dragonmamas
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:19 PM

Mine too! He went from being uneasy about natural births to being completely against medical interventions (meds, csections, etc.)

Quoting spazchicken:

doulala
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:25 PM

You can let him know that his being selfish doesn't help here.
It's not about what is best for him.

And that is what is so great about (natural) pain-coping like that one, you don't *have* to be in pain and add unnecessary risks to you/baby!
:-)

Good for you~  good luck!

mcclellanlass
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:27 PM
That's how my husband is as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wife2jeff
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:38 PM

Good luck on convincing him:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)