• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rubbing your belly

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:05 PM
  • 21 Replies

How do you think that your baby reacts to you rubbing your belly:

Do you think he/she likes it, doesn't really care, or does not like it?

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrs_smiph
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:08 PM

I do know this - Zora moves a ton in the evening. She is so strong that she hurts me (DH says it's the African in her lol). DH gently rubs my belly when she gets crazy and she immediately either copies his motions or calms down. It's freaky lol.

aprilsalcro
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:10 PM
I don't really rub my belly unless it hurts. I don't really know how the baby reacts when I rub my belly
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Porcellin_face
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:11 PM
I'm gonna say likes it. It seems to calm her down when she's going nuts or shoving body parts out really hard. But I'm almost 38 weeks, so I'm sure every baby likes "contact" of some kind at this point.
Devious103102
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:13 PM

IDK, I have a lazy kid, he/she doesn't move much, lol.  I know he likes when DH rubs the belly.

PrOuDaRmYWiF08
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:13 PM

I like to think they like it, like it comforts them. I lived with my hand on my belly with DS, /i havent yet with this one, maybe once he/she starts moving :)

momma2beJan
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:18 PM

Mine doesnt like when I rub my belly but when Daddy does it she gets all calm and relaxes

kylansmommy09
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:22 PM

i think baby could care less LOL

gibsongirl017
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:00 PM

I think she likes it. Sometimes I try to move her out of my ribs and I know she does not like that. She always seems to fight back. :)

calebsmom08
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:01 PM

Carlee doesn't mind it!

pregowithfifth
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this

if she is being really active at bed time then my DH will rub my belly and tell her to relax and let Momma get some sleep.  Once he starts rubbing she calms down.  Also my cat likes to sleep on my belly and when she is purring the baby stops and is super still.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)