• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does not showing early mean...

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:29 PM
  • 41 Replies
I am 17 weeks and not even showing yet. I have the slightest bump but it's more bloating (only predominant when I'm backed up (TMI) but once I finally go to the bathroom it's gone and I'm flat again!)

I know everyone is different, but does this mean I will stay smaller throughout all my pregnancy? Or get huge super fast?

What were your experiences? Oh yah, this is my first.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
court.0125
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:30 PM
Bump! :D
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kylansmommy09
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:37 PM

Everyone is diff i didnt show at all until after 4 mnths with my first and i stayed small this pregnancy i started showing/blaoting at 6 weeks and ive still stayed small :p good luck momma

Larsbug
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:38 PM

everyone is different...I know someone who didn't show until she was about 9 months and even then she looked like she was about 4 months lol... you might stay small but you might explode at the end who knows!!  :0)

court.0125
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:39 PM
I'm almost 5 months and I hope I start showing soon! But I also hope to stay rather small hahah

Quoting kylansmommy09:

Everyone is diff i didnt show at all until after 4 mnths with my first and i stayed small this pregnancy i started showing/blaoting at 6 weeks and ive still stayed small :p good luck momma

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spazchicken
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:40 PM

I started showing at around 23 weeks. Not sure if it means you will have a smaller belly in general, but you could say I do. People say I look smaller than I am.  I went to my first birhting class last night and all the others looked bigger than me and we are around the same weeks.  My midwife says how the baby is growing big though.  I had a pretty flat/tone stomach before getting pregnant so that might be one of many reasons why I look smaller than I am.

Mommie2b122011
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:41 PM
i was 6 with this one b4 u could really tell, but i was chunky before :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
court.0125
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:41 PM
Lalalalalalalalalaaaaa *plugging my ears* LOL

I'm hoping to get a cute bump, but I don't wanna explode! haha I want to gain a reasonable amount! I can only hope to anyways, right?! Lol

Quoting Larsbug:

everyone is different...I know someone who didn't show until she was about 9 months and even then she looked like she was about 4 months lol... you might stay small but you might explode at the end who knows!!  :0)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissTacoBell
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:44 PM
If it's not your Fitst its not really an indication. But everyones diff
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2bkayleesmommy
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:51 PM
I had a friend who stayed small! She just look a lil chubby in the tummy when she delivered... Gained like 10lbs and baby was like 6lbs hahah...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Porcellin_face
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:53 PM

I stayed very small for the first 7 months with my first, couldn't even tell I was pregnant for awhile I just looked like I gained a few pounds. Then BAM she started gaining and my belly got huge, she was born 10 days late and at 9 1/2lbs!!!

Now 37 1/2 weeks with my second, and the belly growth was slow at the begining again but faster than my first.

/\ /\ This fiirst pic was 25 weeks with my first /\ /\

/\ /\ 2nd pic, I was 30 weeks /\ /\

/\ /\ 3rd pic, 37 weeks /\ /\

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)