Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For the working mothers?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:48 PM
  • 32 Replies

Will you take a 6wk maternity leave? I work in a family owned company and with my last 2 went back to work in a week or so ( took baby with me ). If i can train someone to take my duties over i hope to take my 6wks this time.

Kari Beth Roberts

Join us on:

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BethAnne7
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:54 PM
I'm 33 wks and fixing to start a new job. I have to have a c section so definitely plan to take the 6 wks especially since they'll be promoting me to a manager position when I come back. In my interview the lady asked me if I was planning on taking the full 13wks that some doctors reccomend. I was like umm... didn't.know some recommended that? Lol
momkaribg
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:00 PM

Wow 13 wks. I have never heard that but, i really want to take the 6wks if i can find a replacement. It wore me out before going straight back to work especially since the babies go with me. I keep them in my office until 1yr then they go to daycare.

Quoting BethAnne7:

I'm 33 wks and fixing to start a new job. I have to have a c section so definitely plan to take the 6 wks especially since they'll be promoting me to a manager position when I come back. In my interview the lady asked me if I was planning on taking the full 13wks that some doctors reccomend. I was like umm... didn't.know some recommended that? Lol

BethAnne7
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:20 PM
I woulda been wore out too. Before I found out I had to have a c section I thought about going back to work early even if it was just 2 or 3 days a week. But since I have to have one I'm taking the full 6 wks possibly 8 just depends on how well and quick I heal. I wish I had a job where I.could take her to work with me.
wife2jeff
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:57 PM

I am a full time student, but I will be taking two terms off of school (6 months).  Then, its back to the grind.

kelly617
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:38 PM

My job forces me to take 6wks of maternity. its paid...kinda. I'll make half what I usually  make so that sucks

doopey
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:10 PM

I usually take what is allowed... only because I want/need the break from work.  With DD#3 the Dr put me out of work at 29 wks.  With this pregnancy they were gonna take me out around 10 wks ~ as awesome as it sounded I asked not to be put out that early.  I'm hoping to make it till the end of the year and then ask my Dr to put me out :)  Otherwise, I may just wait until 4 wks before my due date.  Just because my job can get a lil stressful and after going thru a MC last year at 10 wks - I DO NOT NEED THE ADDED STRESS from my job (I've been here almost 12 yrs).  And, with all 3 of my kids I came back to work after 6 wks and plan on doing the same with this one.

mizk5110
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:51 PM
I get 6 weeks of parital pay, but plan on taking 12 and just burning PTO. I wont have any PTO left when i come back, and i probably wont get paid for a wesk or two but im not coming back until i have to. By law they have to hold your position for 12 weeks unless you're an 'essential employee' or in a company of 50 or fewer people.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DviousMaskerade
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:56 PM

I'll probably be out for about 8 weeks. I'll get paid at 65% of my regular pay while I'm out as well so that will be good. With DD I didn't have a job like that. 

kathislove80
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:00 PM
I get paid at my full wages for 6 weeks for a natural birth and 8 weeks for a c section, then you get paid disability beyond that. I hope to take at the least 12 weeks, I'd like to take 16 weeks but we will see. My job is protected by the family medical leave act, and I work at a pretty family friendly company. The two girls I know at work who jut had babies both took extra time off. One took a full four months, one took a little over three.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LiveByTheSun
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:07 PM

I'm just gonna take the rest of my life off of work! LOL I'll see that baby's face and I'll never wanna go back to work! haha. I'm kidding, I'll probably take 6 weeks off work but I still have school fulltime. So we will see how this all plays out

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)