Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Almost 20w and 1.5-2cm IM SO SCARED!!!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:33 PM
  • 18 Replies
I will be 20w on Friday and I am 1.5-2cm and on bed rest. I see the Dr Friday to see if I have progressed at all. I am freaking out that my water will break ( like it did at 36w with DS) or that I will start to go into labor. Has anyone started dilating so early to go on and deliver at term?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Alisha_0810
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:39 PM

bump! 

sorry, i dont have any advice for you :-( good luck, hun! hope all goes well and baby stays put!!

crystalrbp
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:44 PM
I was dilated 3-4 cm and 70% effaced at 29 weeks and made it to 36 weeks. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pandapanda
by Amber on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Some women are dilated 1-3cm throughout their pregnancies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
akrogers13
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:47 PM

wow sry hun, i never dilated till the day i went into labor!! i do know that my cousin was at a 3 for a while before delivery.. she delivered at 37 weeks.... GOOD LUCK!!!

amberlong
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:50 PM
Were you put on medicine?

Quoting crystalrbp:

I was dilated 3-4 cm and 70% effaced at 29 weeks and made it to 36 weeks. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:50 PM

It is normal to be at least 1cm dilated the whole time with subsequent pregnancies. I was contracting and dilated to a 2 at 34 weeks but ended up being induced a week late. You just never know. Are you contracting often?

Aprillee82
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:54 PM
I am currently 33 weeks and have been dailated to 5-6 cm 70% effaced since I was 28 weeks. My water bag is in tact and I haven't gone into real labor. Alot of annoying false starts.
I have been told by my doctors that they have has patients hang out at 7 cm for weeks . Of course bedrest was all they were allowed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlwaysExpecting
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:59 PM

To Aprillee82, Is wrong for me to feel jealous? I mean come on...they get a head start!!! lol

To the original poster, i have heard of women being dialated 1-2cm up until delivery at 36+ weeks, so I think your outlook is promising, just take it easy and stay in bed like doctor says :)

I wish you luck, keep us updated!

Quoting Aprillee82:

I am currently 33 weeks and have been dailated to 5-6 cm 70% effaced since I was 28 weeks. My water bag is in tact and I haven't gone into real labor. Alot of annoying false starts.
I have been told by my doctors that they have has patients hang out at 7 cm for weeks . Of course bedrest was all they were allowed

Mommy to three boys, ages 4, 3 and 2, with one on the way! 

crystalrbp
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:12 PM
They stopped my contractions, I had to be on a magnesium drip for 2 days and two weeks after that I had to go in to get a shot to stop them again. But never put on meds. Just stick to bed rest, no heavy lifting, just take it easy.

Quoting amberlong:

Were you put on medicine?

Quoting crystalrbp:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Megan1213
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:16 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)