Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Discouraged :(

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:04 PM
  • 21 Replies

My due date has come and gone and on Monday if I still haven't gone into labor then they are scheduling an induction. This is my first baby and I really wanted to go naturally but I understand if I have to be induced. I lost my mucuos plug today so I walked for three hours and was getting some contractions but I knew they weren't the real thing because I had them a couple of weeks ago and the doctor said they were BH contractions. Do I still have a chance to go into labor on my own? Right now I have no pain what so ever. Is there anything I can do to help increase my chances? I can't have sex so that's out of the question sadly lol 

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2wy
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:18 PM

Just keep trying the walking and maybe some spicy foods. You might try to look up the pressure points on your feet that can help start contractions or even go get a pedicure and ask the lady if she knows them. GL hun

lindsay122001
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:24 PM

I know how you feel. My due date was last saturday (5th). I lost my mucus plug almost 3 weeks ago already...I've been having BH contractions since about 37 weeks....She's in the right position to come out and I have pain down there. I choose NOT to get checked at my last 2 appts to see how far dialated I am. I figure I'd be upset if nothing was happeneing. This is my first baby, and my Dr said its normal for them to be up to two weeks late! She also said to just keep active. Sex isn't an option for me either. I go back in on monday, incase she decides not to show up, and we wil decide what to do from there. There is always a chance for you to go into labor naturally. You never know. It happens when it happens I figure if I have to be induced then good...I don't think I can do this much longer! Good luck to you...wish I had more to tell you about how to get him/her out, but I don't. :(

mizk5110
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:30 PM
Try nipple stimulation, eggplant parmisian (if you can eat it - I xant stand eggplant, personally), driving on bumpy roads...just remember in all your efforts to get some sleep!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Larsbug
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:30 PM

i would try some more walking... also there is a pressure point that is the back of your ankle... they say if you rub it it can cause contractions, spicy food...do you have a breast pump? you can try nipple stimulation (and maybe get some milk to store if you are planning to BF)...otherwise maybe a birthing ball

NookBoookMom
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:33 PM

**hugs** dont be discouraged! lots of walking, try the mall go up and down drink loads of cold things and after a day of walking , try some sex and walk some more.

sounds crazy but thats what happened with me and my water broke on it's own.

Kelee89
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:33 PM

wow your situation sounds exactly like mine! Good luck to you on Monday!

Quoting lindsay122001:

I know how you feel. My due date was last saturday (5th). I lost my mucus plug almost 3 weeks ago already...I've been having BH contractions since about 37 weeks....She's in the right position to come out and I have pain down there. I choose NOT to get checked at my last 2 appts to see how far dialated I am. I figure I'd be upset if nothing was happeneing. This is my first baby, and my Dr said its normal for them to be up to two weeks late! She also said to just keep active. Sex isn't an option for me either. I go back in on monday, incase she decides not to show up, and we wil decide what to do from there. There is always a chance for you to go into labor naturally. You never know. It happens when it happens I figure if I have to be induced then good...I don't think I can do this much longer! Good luck to you...wish I had more to tell you about how to get him/her out, but I don't. :(

.Sugaree.
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:35 PM
The average delivery date for a first time mom NATURALLY is 41 wk 1 day. So you are just fine, it's totally normal. You can refuse your induction and shouldn't expect to go into labor by your exact due date. Inducing in a first time mom is such a higher risk, especially if not medically indicated.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunnymommy122
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:57 PM

Why do you need to be induced?  If there are no problems with you or baby you can always refuse to be induced, if you want to.  Just know your options.  It sounds like you really want to go in labor naturally. 

mommaboudreaux
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:13 PM

Quoting sunnymommy122:

Why do you need to be induced?  If there are no problems with you or baby you can always refuse to be induced, if you want to.  Just know your options.  It sounds like you really want to go in labor naturally. 

BabyName Ticker

kelly617
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:16 PM

You def still have a chance of going into labor naturally
You don't HAVE to be induced on monday if you don't want to..unless you're having issues. I've heard of mom's going up to two weeks past their due date before a doc will induce them

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)