Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is labor more painful when your being induced?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:50 PM
  • 21 Replies
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kelsiey
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:51 PM

I dont think so.

JCHovey
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:05 PM

Yes it actually is. The pitocin is what makes it more painful and I know this because I was induced because my water broke before I was contracting and I had a no pain meds labor. I was able to breath through the contractions when the pitocin was off but it was hell when the pitocin was on (They shut the pitocin off towards the end for a little bit and then turned it back on).

BabyName Ticker

Red_Tempest
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I've had two all natural deliveries, and two assisted by pitocin.  Hands down the pitocin is the worst pain I've evr experienced, and that includes one seriously hellacious gallbladder attack!  Never again will I submit to Pitocin unless it's absolutely necessary!

kelsiey
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:11 PM

My water broke and I was induced, the petocin didnt do shit, so I ended up having a c-section

Quoting JCHovey:

Yes it actually is. The pitocin is what makes it more painful and I know this because I was induced because my water broke before I was contracting and I had a no pain meds labor. I was able to breath through the contractions when the pitocin was off but it was hell when the pitocin was on (They shut the pitocin off towards the end for a little bit and then turned it back on).

kelly617
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:11 PM

I don't know from experience, but from what other mom's have told me it is. A lady at work had her baby 6wks ago and had to be induced with pitocin and she said it was awful because the contractions go from nothing to full blast as soon as they give you the meds...

mommaboudreaux
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:11 PM

Yes!!!!!

JCHovey
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:15 PM

After they started the pitocin for me I was in active labor for 25 hrs (no pain meds mind you) before they realized my DS was face up and very stuck and had to do an emergency c section.

Quoting kelsiey:

My water broke and I was induced, the petocin didnt do shit, so I ended up having a c-section

Quoting JCHovey:

BabyName Ticker

LovingMommyh00d
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:17 PM

I agree!! The pitocin was horrible!! I hope I don't need it again!

Quoting JCHovey:

MissTacoBell
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:19 PM
WTF is it good for then? I think it's to rush you through child birth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissLeanna
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:20 PM
Mine wasn't painful at all
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)