Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

8 1/2 weeks and soooo excited!!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:07 PM
  • 10 Replies

I'm about 8 1/2 weeks pregnant and I am sooooooo excited to see my little olive (my pregnancy apps on my phone say he about the size of a green olive right now). I can't wait to feel him kick and squirm around in my belly. I hope he's an active little one. I'm excited to get my first UltraSound and hear his little heartbeat. The day this baby is born will NO DOUBT be the HAPPIEST day of my life. I can't wait to kiss his little fingers and toes and blow raspberries on his soft little belly. This pregnancy has been the most precious and sweet thing that has ever happened to me. I know I'm going to be a great, loving mom. I just can't wait til this sweet little baby is here so I can prove it :)

~~BTW...I keep saying "him/his/he" because I am PRAYING I have a little boy. But obviously, it's too soon to tell what he is yet. But I know a boy will make my husband happy and proud (we're both in the military), and I really think a boy would be easier for me as my first child, especially since my husband is an only child and hasn't had much experience with baby girls. Also, I want an "older brother" for any kids we have later on.~~

CafeMom Tickers
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LiveByTheSun
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:10 PM

Good luck and Congrats! We all know the feeling! :) I can't wait to see my daughter's face and give her kisses.

I will cross my fingers for you hoping you'll get a boy. but I bet a girl would make you so proud, too. Keep an open mind! :)

Larsbug
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:12 PM

we wanted a boy first too because my husband is part Japanese and in Japanese culture having a boy first is good luck... but this one is a boy too lol

StephFerrero
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:13 PM

I'm trying to keep an open mind, just in case. But I got the idea of a boy stuck in my head and now it's getting to be habit to refer to it as a boy.

AmY403
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group and cafemom! My first child was a boy as well and then I never wanted to ahve any girls! Now I am almost due with our FIRST girl!

kathislove80
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:17 PM
Congrats!!! Im sure whether you have a boy or girl, the baby will be very loved :) I was hoping for a boy secretly, and we got our boy! Due February 25th :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StephFerrero
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:19 PM

I'm due on Father's Day, so I think a boy would be a great gift for my husband :)

crystalrbp
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Congrats, I know how it is wanting the baby to be a boy. I am wanting a girl so bad and without even thinking about it when I talk about baby I say her or she. Hubby and I have our baby boy we are so bad wanting a girl now. We go Tuesday to find out what we are having and it can't come fast enough. Good luck and lots and lots of blue dust sent your way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StephFerrero
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:28 PM

This is a totally off topic question, but what can I expect to happen at my first doctor's appointment? I don't have insurance right now, but I'm in the process of getting it so I can see a doctor ASAP. But in the meantime, I want to do a little research on what it's like. So....what should I expect and what kind of questions should I ask my doctor while I'm there? And what kind of questions should I ask the doctors to make sure I pick the right doctor in the first place?

LiveByTheSun
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:39 PM

At my first appointment they took a lot of blood, did a pap, took vitals, weighed me, briefly went over the things I should eliminate out of my lifestyle (pretty obvious things), suggested prenatal vitamins, etc.

StephFerrero
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:45 PM

One thing I've done is that I *have* started prenatal vitamins. It's hard for me to eat right because of the naesea and the fact that I've never eaten regularly to begin with. But I've really been trying. I'm hoping the vitamins will help a little.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)