Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help! Should I go to the ER? I'm so scared! *UPDATE* #2! Update #3 Doctor called!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:43 PM
  • 86 Replies

I'll be 14 weeks tomorrow and I was laying on the couch and I felt wet down there (sorry tmi) so I went to the bathroom and when I wiped there was a lot of blood. As I sat on the toilet I was dripping blood and after a few minutes it slowed down. I put on a pad and called my doctor. Their office is an hour away and they said to stay on bed rest and come in tomorrow for a rhogam shot and an ultrasound at 4:30 (24 hours from when I called...it's the soonest they can get me in). I am so scared because of my past history...we lost our first at 25 weeks and then my 3rd pregnancy was ectopic. I just had a routine ultrasound yesterday and the baby looked great and had a heart beat of 156. I went to the bathroom a few minutes ago and the pad is clean and when I wiped there was a little spot of light pink. Would you ladies go to the ER tonight to ease your mind or stay home and wait until your appointment? We live in a small town and our hospital is not the best so I'm not thrilled about going but I'm so scared about the baby. Oh and I haven't done anything today...I've just been laying around all day.

UPDATE::

In replies on page 5

Update 11/11::

Sorry it took me so long to update ladies. We went for our ultrasound and of course the tech can't tell me anything about the baby's health if he sees anything wrong or if he found a cause for the bleeding but the baby's heart rate was 175 and it was moving around like crazy. We also found out that we're having a BOY!!!!! The baby is measure perfect at 14 weeks 4 days and we got lots of pictures. By the time I had my ultrasound I hadn't had any bleeding in over 24 hours so I was feeling much better. Last night we went out to dinner with my family to celebrate and I went to the restroom and when I wiped there was bright red blood again. I spotted the rest of the night and when I woke up this morning at 8:30 and sat on the toilet there was a big gush of bright red blood. There's some blood on my pad but not a lot. I called the doctor to let them know and to see if they can call me back with my ultrasound results. I'm still not having any cramping or pain so hopefully they can tell me why the bleeding is happening and hopefully it stops soon! Thanks for the prayers ladies! 

Update::

The doctor finally called and said they didn't find anything abnormal on the ultrasound so they aren't sure why I'm bleeding. They want me to stay on bed rest until they say otherwise so I'm taking it easy and resting. They told me that if my bleeding gets worse and I soak a pad in one hour then I need to go to the ER. My bleeding got heavier and now it has seemed to slow down again. Hopefully the bleeding stops soon! Just wanted to update everyone :) 

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LiveByTheSun
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:46 PM

I would go.. but that is just me. It is so much better to be safe than sorry. but I'm a first time mom and probably don't have the patience experienced mom's have. good luck! i hope everything is okay!

2_boys_1_girl
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:47 PM
I think you should
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JADIEBUG
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I personally would NOT go at how far along you are. You have an appointment tomorrow with your DR. The ER can't do anything for you anyways besides risk infection by them checking you.

army_wifey_06
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:48 PM

Thank you! I hope everything is too! I've never had bleeding with any of my pregnancies except my ectopic so it makes me really nervous. I know I wont get any sleep tonight if I don't go. I think I might go just for peace of mind. And since our town is so small there is literally never anyone in the ER waiting room....you never have a wait. 

Quoting LiveByTheSun:

I would go.. but that is just me. It is so much better to be safe than sorry. but I'm a first time mom and probably don't have the patience experienced mom's have. good luck! i hope everything is okay!

army_wifey_06
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:49 PM

I was just wanting an ultrasound to see if the baby still has a heart beat...I don't want to be checked and wouldn't allow them to.

Quoting JADIEBUG:

I personally would NOT go at how far along you are. You have an appointment tomorrow with your DR. The ER can't do anything for you anyways besides risk infection by them checking you.

LiveByTheSun
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:51 PM

Quoting army_wifey_06:

Thank you! I hope everything is too! I've never had bleeding with any of my pregnancies except my ectopic so it makes me really nervous. I know I wont get any sleep tonight if I don't go. I think I might go just for peace of mind. And since our town is so small there is literally never anyone in the ER waiting room....you never have a wait. 

Just go then. :) No sense staying up all night worrying when a quick trip to the ER could put your mind at rest..I'm a HUGE worrier so I know I would have to go if I saw blood. Especially since my daughter is the only thing I think about nowdays.. I would have to go and make sure everything is alright! What does your husband think?

CafeMom Tickers

Rayawni
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:51 PM

Quoting JADIEBUG:

This early in the game they would not check they would do a speculum exam to see if the cervix is dilating. Then do an ultrasound.

JADIEBUG
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:52 PM

Quoting Rayawni:

Quoting JADIEBUG:

This early in the game they would not check they would do a speculum exam to see if the cervix is dilating. Then do an ultrasound.

What do you think a speculum exam is? A check and a chance to introduce infection....ERs are nasty places for germs ~ I worked in several.

army_wifey_06
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:53 PM

Well he works out of town so I'm home alone with our 2 year old. My parents are on their way to come stay the night and help me out with him since my doctor wants me on bed rest. Dh does think I should go though since we are so worried.

Quoting LiveByTheSun:

Quoting army_wifey_06:

Just go then. :) No sense staying up all night worrying when a quick trip to the ER could put your mind at rest..I'm a HUGE worrier so I know I would have to go if I saw blood. Especially since my daughter is the only thing I think about nowdays.. I would have to go and make sure everything is alright! What does your husband think?

beautiful_life
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:56 PM
I would go in, bit thats just me. I hope everything is ok. Keep us updated
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)