Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ouch. weird back pain?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:08 PM
  • 5 Replies
25 weeks and a few days...and im laying in bed and I keep getting these sharp pains in my lower back. No contraction activity up front just these intense shabby pains that last a few seconds and go away for a few minutes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Larsbug
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:15 PM

contractions in your back... sounds like.

ashlee62982
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:17 PM
That was supposed to say stabby not shabby...and wouldn't back contractions be accompanied by tightening of the uterus?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Larsbug
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:20 PM

I was in back labor for 17 hours and never once felt my uterus contract or tighten... just stabs in my back...

sassysuie
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:24 PM

Pinched nerves maybe?? My son caused me to have all kinds of back pains my whole pregnancy. He loved to lay in my back and so I always had pinched nerves....sure enough, on delivery day I ended up being in back labor. Try a heating pad, but don't lay on it for too long, maybe 30 minutes and then switch to an ice pack for 30 minutes, keep switching back and forth between the two.

ashlee62982
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:32 PM
Ugh, thanks ladies. Ill try the heating pad if I can find mine (of course im in the middle of moving) hot shower if not...and a wait and see approach. Hopefully this isn't actual back labor...its entirely too early for that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)