Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

for those with preschool age kids.... piog

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:10 PM
  • 5 Replies

We just moved into this neighborhood and my duaghter (just turned 4 in sept) made friends with the neighboor girl who's about 6 1/2!! she loves playing with her, however i have a problem with this girl!!

I'm sure it's because she has an older brother and learns it from him, but i have an issue with this and idk how to handle it!!!

Just tonight DH and i randomly decided to weed/clear the side of our house... it was just overgrown grass but we wanted to clear it out for the winter because that's where my garden will be in the spring...

ANYWAYS i found a frog!! and i thought the kids would think it's cool!! the other girl took the frog and wasnt really letting my dd see it so i straight out told her that if she was going to hold the frog she needed to share or i'd take the frog and let him go... well she decided to "share" (let dd see it but never let her hold it)...

long story short it was finally time to go inside because it'd gotten dark so i told dd and her friend they needed to let the frog go along side of the house where i found him... I heard her say "come on lets go burry him!"  and i told her no, they need to just let it go so he can hop back to whatever he was doing...... i'd already walked inside but DH said he heard the little girl say to DD "dont tell your mom"....

DD comes into the house and told DH and I that her friend smashed the frog with a ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

we didnt know what to do because we've never delt with this befor, but we explained that what she did was not ok because first, she didnt listen to the directions we gave her, and second killing animals for fun is not OK... When DD told us what happend we could tell she was already upset about it!

what else can we do??  do we tell this girls dad?

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mommy2clarke
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:09 PM

I would definitely bring it to the parents' attention. Something is just not right with a kid that kills animals for fun.

tinerdancer1988
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:14 PM
I agree with the post above me, the girls patents should be aware. She might have some problems that need to be addressed, or there might be a problem.. I also suggest keeping your dd away from this girl for a few days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JamieLyn822
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:55 PM

I would probably mention it to the parents just so they knew. That is pretty odd.

e_room_steph
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 1:21 AM

I had the same problem with my daughter and the neighborhood girl.  Nothing with killing animals but my daughter was learning some new words that were not OK with me.  I just made it a rule that they couldn't play together unless I was outside with them.  I also tried to be honest with my daughter and let her know that her friend sometimes doesn't make the best choices and she doesn't need to follow.  Needless to say once school started up they didn't see each other as much and the girl eventually moved away.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 11:02 AM

Wow--I know for one I probably wouldnt let my LO play with her anymore...or like the one momma said you would always have to be insight. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)