Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Uh...was that my water breaking??

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:35 PM
  • 10 Replies

WHY is all this pregnancy labor stuff so mysterious!!

So around noonish (its 8:30pm now) I had to pee SO BAD (as usual) so I ran to the bathroom and when I sat down I got a huge cramp down near my pelvis, then I felt a little "pop" and right as I felt the pop I started to pee...so I'm not sure if that was my water breaking or just some weird pregnancy thing (gas bubble maybe?)
So I did what you're supposed to do, I put on a pad and laid down for a bit...when I stood up I didn't feel anything...the pad is slightly damp (not really anymore than the usual preggo discharge, sorry to be gross)

So now its hours later and I'm still not sure wtf that was. I've had some cramping but nothing that hasn't happened before
I assumed if it was my water it would trickle out throughout the day and I would know....is it possible to only have one little "gush" and thats it?

Lilypie Maternity tickers

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
js321
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:36 PM
No idea! Went in for c section! Goodluck!

Ps where in Boston are you? Pm me of you don't want to here !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JamieLyn822
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:42 PM

I would think it would keep on leaking, but I don't know for sure. I know when my water broke it was just like feeling a little pop. It could have been, so I would call your doc and describe what happened and see what they say.

Pandapanda
by Amber on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:43 PM
I don't think that was your water. I've had the same thing happen several times the last few weeks.

However, just to be safe, do some stretching as well as get on all fours and rock your hips. If you have any more leaks after the activity, then call in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2bRN007
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:45 PM
It's a slow irritating leak.. You will know when it's your water.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
norahsmommy
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:46 PM
It would keep coming in a trickle
Or little gushes all day. My water broke first with 2 of my labors and it is the weirdest feeling!! If you get another one and you aren't sure if its pee or not try to 'hold it' of you can't it's your water.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
myrandabrown13
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:51 PM
doesnt sound the same as when my water leaked my pads were soaked within 1 hr 30 mins! Lol mil told me that was my water leakin and it had been like that for 8 hrs before i went to l&d and i was a 5cm when i arrived.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kelly617
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:57 PM

Okay good....thank you guys! I think I'm freaked out because tomorrow is a full moon and I'm nervous he'll come early.

I assumed that I would soak a pad (since thats what everyone said) but there's always those "weirdo mom's" that it doesn't work the same for them lol and with  my luck I would be one of those

doulala
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:04 AM

Quoting kelly617:

Okay good....thank you guys! I think I'm freaked out because tomorrow is a full moon and I'm nervous he'll come early.

I assumed that I would soak a pad (since thats what everyone said) but there's always those "weirdo mom's" that it doesn't work the same for them lol and with  my luck I would be one of those

NO ONE is a "weirdo" !
lol

Everyone is unique of course, every labor is one-of-a-kind!

It might have been a tear through only one layer or resealed.
Leaking water / ruptured membraes don't have to soak a pad.
And not everyone knows when their water is leaking.

Another reminder why we might want to avoid vaginal exams though~  to be safe.

Take good care of yourself and boost your immunities just as a precaution.

Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers ~ strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.

~Barbara Katz Rothma

When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth will change. -Mongan

kelly617
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:36 AM

Quoting doulala:

Quoting kelly617:

NO ONE is a "weirdo" !
lol

Everyone is unique of course, every labor is one-of-a-kind!

It might have been a tear through only one layer or resealed.
Leaking water / ruptured membraes don't have to soak a pad.
And not everyone knows when their water is leaking.

Another reminder why we might want to avoid vaginal exams though~  to be safe.

Take good care of yourself and boost your immunities just as a precaution.

Thank ya! I actually haven't HAD a vaginal exam yet...I was asked at my last appointment but I refused because the doc said it wouldn't really tell him anything so I said no thank you

Lilypie Maternity tickers

skittles2011
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 4:56 PM

with my 1st, when my water broke it was just a little trickle. i didnt even know it was leaking till i went to the hospital with contractions. with my 2nd, i felt a *pop* like when you blow a bubble with chewing gum and someone pops it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)