Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Quick Question!

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2007 at 12:22 PM
  • 3 Replies

I am just now in my 8th month of my pregnancy!! But I've lost weight in the last 2 weeks!! It's just a couple of pounds but I was just wondering is this normal? And could it be a bad thing? Well thinks for you time!!!

by on Apr. 26, 2007 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Fawn80
by on Apr. 26, 2007 at 12:25 PM
Its normal. I'm at 9 months now - I gained close to a pound a week from the beginning - now I am losing a pound a week. Nothing wrong with it as long as everything else is ok and normal!!
riotgrrl
by on Apr. 26, 2007 at 12:30 PM
I lost weight towards the end, too. A lot of women do. Your provider will monitor the baby closely to make sure he or she is still growing at a good rate, but they almost always do ok. Do try to reverse the trend for yourself, though. Your baby will continue to grow even if you loose weight, but your body is robbing you of the nutrition you need to keep the baby growing. Labor is really hard work and it helps to be going into in as good of shape as you can manage instead of exhausted from an exhausted metabolism.
mommytojosh
by on Apr. 26, 2007 at 2:19 PM

it's completly normal. your lucky!! This week I gained 3 pounds within a week. I am now 39 weeks,,,,,, it stinks

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN