Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Braxton Hicks??

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:07 AM
  • 4 Replies

Okay, so mid afternoon yesterday I suddenly got this sharp overwhelming pain....but in my back. It seriously reminded me of period cramps...not the pain, but how they came about. It was like I felt the ache...then all of a sudden BOOM! pain. Then it would ease away, but not completely. It's get all achy again until the pain hit again....does that sound like I'm having Braxton Hicks? I looked it up, and apparently its not abnormal. My only difference is it doesnt start in my lower back, it's about mid-back right under my sport's bra and shoots down. It lasted about 60-90 seconds each and wasnt in any specific interval. But the pain came and went in waves that reminded me of my period cramps....so my question is, is this the infamous Braxton Hicks? I'm about 34 1/2 weeks and haven't felt anything, but I'm hoping these are them (not because I enjoy them, only cuz it means I'm even closer to being done Lol)

*~*~*A baby is something you carry in you for nine months, in your arms for three years, and in your heart until the day you die.*~*~*

by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
-mrs.mamma-
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:33 AM
My BH are all in my belly; it gets super hard for a minute or so..
Maybe mention it to your Dr?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kengland19
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:38 AM

BUMP!

Ncane
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:39 AM
Shame poor mamas.All I can say is hang in there.I had terribly painful BH,even landed in hospital.Now I'm enjoying my baby girl.Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Nov. 18, 2011 at 10:30 AM

If you are contracting, your belly should harden up too, and be very hard at the peak of the contraction.  Hope you find some comfort.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)