Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Do they really work?

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2007 at 1:13 PM
  • 4 Replies
Does anyone know if the dollar store pregnancy tests really work just as well as the high priced brand named tests?  And does anyone know how soon after ovulation I can test accurately?
by on Apr. 26, 2007 at 1:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
RunninLiz
by on Apr. 26, 2007 at 2:02 PM
I took a really cheap pregnancy test and it was right, I was positive. 
gacgbaker
by on Apr. 26, 2007 at 3:15 PM
I don't know about the dollar store tests, I would say they are worth a try, but you might end up using a more expensive brand if you get results that are conflicting.  You need to wait until your next period is due (usually that is about two weeks after ovulation) to test for the most accurate results.
pregnantterry
by on Apr. 26, 2007 at 7:25 PM
There are tests out there that say they can give a result 5 days before your missed period.....BUT only at 50% accuracy. Every day the accuracy goes up to 99% the day after you miss your period.

I am a fan of the dollar store myself....but if an accuate result is what you want, spend the money, buy the DIGITAL kit that says the words pregnant or not pregnant. The lines can be confusing.

I got my positive result the day I expected my period- which was 15 days after I ovulated.  I used the DIGITAL ovulation predictor test so I knew it was the right day to try.

I can't stress it enough- DIGITAL is the way to go!

Novbabyontheway
by on Apr. 26, 2007 at 7:28 PM
I didn't try them, but I have a friend that found out she was pregnant with her son with one of them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN