Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

A new baby found at every ultrasound?

Posted by   + Show Post

Did any of you read this on The Stir?

Can you imagine?

Doctors Find New Baby Each Time Mom Goes for Sonogram

Posted by Nicole Fabian-Weber 
on November 21, 2011 at 11:32 AM

When Camille Thompson went in for her sonogram, doctors informed her that she was having one, lone healthy baby, or "singleton" in medical paperwork-speak. Then, when she went in for her second sonogram, doctors informed Camille and her husband, Paul, that, actually, she was havingtwins! Then, on her third sonogram at 12 weeks, doctors surprised the Thompsons yet again -- they were told they were having triplets!

Cut to six months later, three healthy baby girls -- Lori, Amelie, and Sofia -- were born, and Camille and Paul, who always wanted three kids, couldn't be happier. Good for them! Way to roll with the punches. I, on the other hand, think I would freak out if I were in their shoes. Well, at least in the beginning.

See, I'm a planner. I've never been one for surprises -- no matter how good they are. I like to know what I'm getting myself into, make arrangements accordingly, and, well, generally have some control in situations. I'm annoying like that. So, if I found out I was having triplets -- three months in -- wow, that would rock me to the core. Of course, it would be wonderful once they were born (What's better than one baby? Two! What's better than two babies? Three!), but the whole "Surprise! You're having triplets" thing would trip this control freak out.

Here's what my inner monologue would sound like: Oh my God, how are we going to afford three babies? One was going to be a struggle already! And where will we put them? Great, now we're going to have to move! Should we go to the suburbs? Should we stay in the city? We can't afford the city with three babies and all those diapers and laundry! Ahhhh!

Then, of course, after the adorable little babies were born, I know I would be ecstatic and all (most) of the freaking out would melt away. But for the record, initially, I don't like surprises. But I'm happy the Thompsons do.

How would you react to finding out you were having triplets after thinking you were only having one?

by on Nov. 21, 2011 at 6:26 PM
Replies (181-190):
PoohAndPiglet
by on Nov. 24, 2011 at 12:17 AM

I would freak as well! but that is such a gift from God!

stepdiva
by on Nov. 24, 2011 at 12:24 AM
I'd have loved it. Multiples fascinate me.
StephanieB.
by on Nov. 24, 2011 at 1:25 AM
I would freak out!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sus820
by on Nov. 24, 2011 at 2:36 AM

We have several sets of multiples in our family...I am a grandma to twins, & Higher multiples!!....My Aunt had 3 sets of twins, My mom 1 set, cousins  2 sets, ....So it ran/ runs in our family too.

Hmmm....Cloth diapers, No way just regular laundry is unreal...besides diapers. we used almost 8,000 diaper first 12 mos. 24 bottles per day after they were breast fed  too.......its BEEN GREAT!!!!!!

vikky
by on Nov. 24, 2011 at 3:02 AM
1 mom liked this
I will be shocked to they bones, but will be excited after the initial surprise wears off.lol
Esegirl
by on Nov. 24, 2011 at 4:51 AM
OMG I Love multiple birth. I have a set of twins though, but I wouldn't mind a set of triplets.
Anniethemommy
by on Nov. 24, 2011 at 4:59 AM
My dad is a twin and I had a high risk pregnancy so they made sure we were just having one lol but I think in that case the OB had a sigh of relief...I thought it would be cool but def couldn't afford it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ncrcleland23
by on Nov. 24, 2011 at 5:55 AM

I would be in shock at first but then i would be happy then scared to death cause i would not know what to do about having triplets.

MissyB2275
by on Nov. 24, 2011 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow.  I would be freaked out.  I have twins.  Boys.  My daughter was 2 when I had the twins and let me tell you dealing with a very active 2 yr old that was trying to potty train and still was a baby herself at times and then dealing with the twins when they were born was A LOT of work let me tell you.  And even now that my daughter is 4 and the twins are 2 it is even more work.  I literally have no "ME" time to speak of at all.  I also never have enough of sleep.  I could not even imagine what it would be like to have 3 babies at once or heck even 4-6 babies at once.  I mean to get anything accomplished even the simplest tasks takes me forever with my 3 kids.  And it isn't easy finding babysitters that can handle multiples.  The only one I have that can handle my twins and daughter all by themselves is my mother.  She is awesome.  My sister can for short periods of a few hours not if my husband wanted to go on an overnight date.  Anyone else who watched my kids end up having another person to help them.  I barely have enough hands for my 4 yr old and 2 yr old twins let alone if I had triplets or more at once.  So if I was surprised with having 3 or more babies at once I would  be freaked out.......

Mommyvalarie
by on Nov. 24, 2011 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I went in at 7 weeks and there was only one heart beat.  I had some spotting at 10 weeks and there were two.  I was 38 when my twins were born, (I already had a 4YO) and I said "yes, God blessed me....they weren't triplets!"

Yes, it's a little overwhelming when you find out you are having more than one, but that's nothing compared to how overwhelming it is to bring them home!  I have no memory of the first year at all, LOL!

Val

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)