Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A bit concerned...

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:31 PM
  • 5 Replies

Okay, so, I have 3 beautiful boys, gave birth to 2 and 1 of them is my stepson. I had found out a few days ago, via tests, that I am pregnant with another child. My concern is, the past week I have been taking quite a bit of aspirin due to a tooth I am waiting on getting removed, and now I am scared to get excited about the baby because I am worried that something might have happened resulting from the aspirins I had taken. I have not yet been seen by a doctor, but I do keep track of my periods and the first day of my last one was October 25th, so judging by that I am possibly about 4 weeks pregnant now, so I know I am very concerned. Does anyone know if it could have harmed the embrio badly? ): I don't know how I'd be able to tell.

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Queen_Sheila
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:38 PM
2 moms liked this

I've always been told not to worry about anything that you took before you knew you were pregnant and if you know you are or suspect that you are then to stop taking anything not recommended for pregnant women. You can still take tylenol for your tooth, but I'm not sure how much is safe during pregnancy. Good luck!

AmberShafer1027
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:42 PM

Yeah. I know with my second, I kinda did the same thing, but not because of my tooth, but because I was working at a carnival at the time and had constent headaches from all the loud noises. I mean I haven't seen any bad signs like bleeding or anything else like that, I guess I am just jumpy about it because its my baby in there and I know a lot of moms would probably worry as well. But thank you for your reply!

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:45 PM
Im sure youll be fine try to stay relaxed and not take any more asprin
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmberShafer1027
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:47 PM

I have, I bought tylenol the day I found out (: . Thank you though, and I know I am just hoping for the best.

wife2jeff
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 1:34 PM
I think you will be okay:). The baby isn't getting your blood supply via the placenta until 12 weeks. So, try your best not to worry and take care of yourself. Hugs!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)