Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lump in breast? Mild tmi, need help.

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 1:39 PM
  • 6 Replies
All day yesterday I was having bad pain whenever I inhaled, so I figured it was a lung problem. I also cant lift my arms up, twist my torso, or stretch in any way without pain. I had DH check last night and I had a lump maybe the size of a nickle underneath/inside my boob, right on top of a rib. It's not fixed, it moved around when palpated. I also start leaking a lot if I mess with it, so I assume it's a milk duct..?

Well after a night of hell between the pain from this lump and my hips, I decided to check it again.. it's the size of a ping pong ball tthis morning. If I press it, I again start leaking from that breast. Both boobs are rock hard today, almost an engorged feeling - OUCH.

So.. if I can manage to find my pump, would you suggest trying to pump a little relieve the pain?.. I know you aren't "supposed" to pump before baby is born (38w3d), but I'm hurting so bad that I can barely function without whining to my husband. IDK. Any input would be appreciated. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 1:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Dragonmamas
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:12 PM
Maybe manually express in a hot shower, see if that relieves it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Larsbug
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:29 PM

I think you would be ok...and who knows maybe it will get that little girl out! It sounds almost as if maybe one of your milk ducts is clogged or too full and needs to be released... maybe pump and save it for baby if the milk looks healthy.

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 3:25 PM
Maybe try the breastfeeding group. But ive always heard not to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Heather2001
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 3:35 PM

I would, but I'm prone to clogged ducts and those suckers are really painful.  =(

Arizona77
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 3:41 PM
Get a second opinion just to make sure its pregnancy related and not a cyst or tumor of some type. I found out I had a tumor in my left breast but it was benign. I gotta keep an eye on it after I give birth but I may just have it removed if it does not go away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)