Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

constant bh contractions?

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:11 PM
  • 8 Replies

Last night I took a walk and was walking pretty fast to get some where, kind ignoring the ligament pain I was getting so I could get home on time. I sat down and rested for a while, then my husband and I went to best buy so he could get something.  After coming back home, I started to get LOTS of braxton hick contractions like back to back(like 3-5 minutes apart and I had to pee during almost every one of them). 

The baby is also in a weid position and seems like her entire body is on my belly wall so it's hard to tell what is a contraction and what's just her as she was also being really active.  I took a warm bath and that helped stop them but they started again when I got dried off. Basically is seemed that I had bh contractions for 2 hours strait before I finally went to bed and dozed off.

Feeling a lot better this morning(I got a few more contractions but like 1-2 an hour), but my crotch is pretty sore now along with the bottom of my uterus. I'm wondering if it has anything with the babies position...

Anyways, has anyone else been through a bh spurt like that?  Got me kinda worried there for a moment :/

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
tmjay
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 3:03 PM

i experienced the same thing yesterday morning. Started at about 6:30 a.m. 5mins apart. lasted almost 24hrs seriously. Could, not tell if it was contractions r ligament pain. Now, I am thinking it was ligament pain. Felt the pain once today. Decided to take a tylenol. It helped. Feeling alot better today.

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 3:07 PM
I did to but it stopped the next day and now i get them randomly
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boshs1andonly
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 3:09 PM

I have them, but not that many for that period of time. I understand what your saying though about her position making it hard to tell what's a contraction and what's just her moving. My mom told me that as long as I dont feel pressure down there along with the contractions, it should be okay. 

MamaNurse199
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 3:31 PM

I have been getting them a lot as well for about a month now. I am due 11/30. I was up all night with bh every 5 minutes for several hours, they eventually stopped which made me mad as I just want to have this baby! It makes it hard for me to tell when to go to the hospital.....ugh

Heather2001
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 3:34 PM

Yeah, over-doing it always gets me going, too.  Hope you feel better today!

spazchicken
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 4:32 PM

Thanks everyone for the replies ^ ^ Makes me feel better about them. I'm pretty much back to normal now. I was just hoping that they weren't doing any dilating being that close togather since I'm only 33 weeks.

sweet_bumblbee
by Silver Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I am 33 weeks today and since thanksgiving evening I have been having continuous lower back ache and lower abdominal aching. They were worse last night but not as bad today. This is my 6th child but I have had all c sections and never have felt labor before. I tried the water and heating pad, helped while I was doing it but when I stopped the discomfort came back. I hope what were both having isn't affecting change. Babies need to grow a little more :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spazchicken
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 12:17 AM

Thanks, hope everything is fine with you as well!

I am having some lower back ache pain as well. Luckily I have been walking around without too much issue, other than some pubic bone pain a little and still having a little bit of lower ab soreness/discomfort with occasional bh contractions.  I probably just over did the walking yesterday ..hopefully! Or maybe there is something in the thanksgiving turkey :o

Quoting sweet_bumblbee:

I am 33 weeks today and since thanksgiving evening I have been having continuous lower back ache and lower abdominal aching. They were worse last night but not as bad today. This is my 6th child but I have had all c sections and never have felt labor before. I tried the water and heating pad, helped while I was doing it but when I stopped the discomfort came back. I hope what were both having isn't affecting change. Babies need to grow a little more :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)