Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Braxton Hicks Contractions and some much needed venting!!

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 7:30 PM
  • 8 Replies

I am now 38 weeks pregnant..and I had previously heard about the Braxton Hicks Contractions, and how I will be getting them more often as the days grow closer to due date.. Well...They were NOT wrong... They are extremely painful and they come sporadically or sometimes in a patern like if it was the real thing...For the past 3 days I have been having cramps in my lower abdomen and sporadic contractions with pressure in my pelvic area... yesterday was literally unbearable... people were telling me that the Braxton Hicks contractions are not painful(yeah right!) they hurt like hell!!devil

So guess what happened to me last Friday?

Friday 11-18-11.. I was in extreme pain and discomfort with contractions coming every 2 minutes...and had a lot pressure in my pelvic area.. so I decided to head to the hospital (It was after office hours to see my doctor)... When I arrived to the hospital they were monitoring the contractions for long hours, and they came to find out that I was dehydrated and the amniotic fluid was low..so they kept me overnight and gave me like 4 IVs to get me hydrated... and after 8 hours at the hospital (in terrible pain)they finally gave me some analgesics to ease the pain..and to also stop the contractions... angry

So in the end..they released me from the hospital the next day..after  taking me back and forth to the ultrasound room to keep on checking on the amniotic fluid and make sure baby was fine...

so I left the hospital with no baby.. I was a bit depressed about that..but better safe than sorry I guess...

I still have 9 more days before my scheduled C-section day arrives and I cannot wait!!

I am so over pregnancy.. It is NOT fun at allbad

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 7:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Larsbug
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 7:42 PM

sorry mama!

passiondivamama
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 7:59 PM
I know the feeling. With my DS I had regular contractions starting at 33 weeks until he was born at 38w5d. The problem I had was they weren't strong enough. I was misserable!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:36 PM

hugs

tmjay
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:45 PM

9 days is waaayyy!!!!! better than 4wks. I am so over pregnancy as well mama. I thought i would have a baby by now. I had last baby at 35wks. I am 35wks3days now. No, signs of labor. Gd luck!!!!!!

NookBoookMom
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:48 PM

**hugs** I am so sorry they are not being sensitve to you, if you were in labor why didnt they just let it continue naturally and call your doctor ? 9 days isnt long @ all , and I would tell whoever made that insensitve comment of not being painful to f** off! b/c unless they experience it they cannot be the one to tell you such a thing.

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:48 PM
sorry hun.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KatieGirls2
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:51 PM
Yeah I'm with you, i think the whole baby growing inside of me is an awesome miracle. But I'm done and over being prego...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KPJ
by on Dec. 1, 2011 at 5:20 PM
Lol im glad im not alone when it comes to feeling tired of pregnancy...but now i am down to 3 more days to go!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)