Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

family problems-dont know what to do

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 7:31 PM
  • 9 Replies
my sister just called me in a state of panic. She told me my mother left my 5 year old ds with my 80 year old father (moms only 60 and capable of caring for small children) on top of my dads age he also has a slight case of alzhiemers. Hes a great man and capable of helping take care of ds (key word there is helping) but he really shouldnt be left alone with children who arent old enough to care for themselves. Here is my dilema: i want to go get ds because i worry about his safety but my mother is seriously manipulative. She will give me a hard time because shes done enormous things for me in the past year. This is kind of my payback to her, allowing her to have ds every other weekend. The other reason im hesitant is because my son screams for nana when hes here. Shes helped raise him for at least half his life. He thinks hes supposed to be there until monday and i dont want to confuse/disappoint him. Im so confused!!! I wish i had a crystal ball that would tell me what im supposed to do!!! Opinions???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 7:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Larsbug
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 7:33 PM

how long is she going to be gone for?

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 7:35 PM
Not sure my son is almost 5 and is very self sufficent as in unsually not geting into what he knows hes not suppose to. Is there anyway you can call and have him sit and watch a movie till your mom gets back?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy06and09
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 7:36 PM
Shes back already she was probably only gone for an hour maybe two but im worried she might do it again...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xxlilmomma09
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 7:36 PM
Um, why don't you go get your child? Why are you even questioning if you should go get YOUR son?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mehargval
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 7:38 PM
THIS!

Quoting xxlilmomma09:

Um, why don't you go get your child? Why are you even questioning if you should go get YOUR son?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy06and09
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 7:39 PM
Ds is also very self effient getting what he wants/needs as he pleases. Im sure my mother put him infront of a movie and had my father sit next to him while they watched it... Im just worried about something like a fire (very unlikely i know... But still possible) ds stays away from stuff he knows he shouldnt touch and is great at self care for the few hours shes gone... I just worry...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Larsbug
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 7:39 PM

I would tell her to knock that off if she wants your son every other weekend...and if she continues to do it, go get him and tell him it's not his fault but you need to make sure he is safe at all times.

mokteacher
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 7:41 PM

It's your son, if you question the safety- go and get him.  

xxlilmomma09
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 7:55 PM
If you are so worried about your child, you wouldn't be on the internet posting about it to strangers. You would be going and getting your child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)