Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Having a lot of pregnancy discomfort,any suggestions/advice on how to help?

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:37 PM
  • 9 Replies

So I'm 27weeks and most of my pregnancy has been uncomfortable but its gotten worse the last few weeks, My tummy feels extreemly streched and tight(not crampy but tight and hard),my back has been killing me,my legs are more restless and cramping( I tried exercising and streching but no help) and I understand the third trimester is the most uncomfortable and I just have to get use to some amount of discomfort but do you have any suggestions or advice on thing I can do to help relieve some of my discomfort?

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Pandapanda
by Amber on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:42 PM
Warm baths, tylenol before bed on the really bad nights, hot tea to help you relax. It's a huge waiting game.. just do your best to get relief and tough it out when you can't. Almost done!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BethAnne7
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:51 PM
I take tylenol before bed and when I get up in the morning. I sleep with a pillow between my legs and try to snuggle a pillow or something I can kinda prop my belly on. Sometimes gotta break out the heating pad. It won't take away all discomfort, but it makes it more bearable. I'm 36Wks and sometimes I wake up and can barely move. I feel like a 90yr old woman.
mrs_smiph
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:53 PM

What vitamins/supplements do you take?

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:54 PM
Def warm baths/showers. I sleep with a blanket running along my body and between my legs when i sleep or even sit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KendraKrening
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:54 PM

Thank you for your suggestions,I keep counting down the weeks only 13 left!

KendraKrening
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:56 PM

Quoting mrs_smiph:

What vitamins/supplements do you take?

I take my prenatal and vitamin C.

StephanieB.
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:56 PM
See a chiropractor, warm showers or baths, try getting massages, I carry very far out front and my belly would hurt so bad by the end of my pregnancy. Laying down helped cuz it allowed my belly to relax and not feel so stretched
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrs_smiph
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 12:04 AM

You could add fish oil (to aid circulation), viatmin d3 (helps with depression, back pain, cancer, both insulin resistance and pre-eclampsia, impaired immunity and macular degeneration) and maybe throw in a probiotic (for healthy vaginal ecology, preventing yeast infections).  Good luck!  I know sometimes we do all we can and still feel sluggish and uncomfortable!  I'm due December 14th and battling lower back pain daily lol.

sarahmiamaria
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 11:36 AM

Fish oil is awesome and extra calcium for the leg cramps. But what I find helps the most is the most basic yoga poses! Pelvic rocking ROCKS lol I was having severe back and hip pain and its done wonders for me :)

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)