Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

28 weeks pregnant and severe pain in the vaginal region...

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2011 at 8:12 PM
  • 5 Replies

I posted this question in another group.. but haven't had any response so I'll try here as well..

I am 28 weeks pregnant.. and I know that vaginal pain can be pretty common due to the ligaments and all that stretching preparing for baby.. However my pain has gotten really intense today..

I was laying on the couch taking a nap earlier.. and switched positions and felt something pop down there followed by a very intense pain.. Now whenever I move or try to walk I feel a pain with every single step..

Is this normal or ok? Anyone else experience this? Should I go to the ER?

Only reason I don't wanna go to the ER is I have an apt. for my 2 year old son in the morning and his doctor is 2 hours away in the city.. It's a very important appointment for him.. He is getting an EEG.. Hes in the process of being diagnosed with a genetic disorder.. and they have to check his brain waves now that hes on his medication for the epilepsy.. I can't reschedule it because they wouldn't be able to get him back in for a while.. Soooo.. What do you all think? Any advice?

by on Dec. 1, 2011 at 8:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
imtheonlysane1
by on Dec. 1, 2011 at 8:19 PM

If your pain is that intense every time you move I would at least call the hospital or your L&D and ask them about it. I understand about your sons appointment being very important but this is very important as well.

tiffnic
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2011 at 8:21 PM
I don't think you'd need to go to the ER but try to relax for the night. I'm 28wks preg & get pretty bad vaginal pains myself.Sometimes I have to stay really still & pray it goes away which it usually eases itself. If it stays painful by morning, take your son to his appt then head call your doc to be sure
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ValRiggs
by on Dec. 1, 2011 at 8:55 PM

Well I called my doctors ansering service a few min ago.. and she told me I need to go to the triage up in labor and delivery.. I dunno what to do or think.. The reason it freaks me out so much is with my last pregnancy (which was 2 years ago today, todays my sons bday) on one of my ultrasounds my cervix opened up.. and the tech told me if it didn't close back up I would be hospitalized the rest of my pregnancy.. but it shut and then she had me bear down and cough and all that to make sure it didn't open back up and it didn't.. so she let me go but told me to take it easy.. I dunno what to do.. I don't wanna go but then again.. they just told me to go.. uhgg.. :(

marilyn623
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2011 at 8:56 PM
Sounds like your pubic bone to me, not serious
ValRiggs
by on Dec. 2, 2011 at 2:45 AM

Well I went to the triage up in labor and delivery.. and I was actually having some small contractions (reaching up to the 20s and 30s).. They said they weren't concerned bout that though.. bcuz I am a lil dehydrated.. but they didn't give me any fluids.. Just told me to drink more water.. The doctor on call came in and said I more then likely have SPD (symphysis pubis dysfunction) which basically means my pelvic bones are out of alignment which causes severe pain, popping, and pressure down there.. Sometimes you have to actually use crutches but he said my actual doctor can decide all that.. He told me to take it easy.. and to rest my pelvis area as much as possible.. and gave me vistiril.. I haven't taken that yet.. Going to hold off until I just can't take the pain anymore.. I also still have  a yeast infection.. Yay me! I've had one this entire pregnancy.. But he did a vaginal ultrasound and was looking at my cervix and told me to bear down and as soon as I did you could see all this fluid coming out of my cervix.. I got freaked out but he said it was just from the infection more then likely.. So all in all.. I guess it was a good thing I went.. At least i know what all is wrong.. and hopefully if I take it easy I wont need the pills. Thanks for the replies ladies!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)