Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Fluid coming out of cervix on vaginal ultrasound.. is that normal? 28 weeks preg..

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2011 at 7:42 PM
  • 5 Replies

So I went to the labor and delivery triage last night.. due to severe pelvic pain.. While there.. I had some contractions.. My tummy was tightening up and on the screen it was registering around 20 each time.. One even went to 30.. Well they did a vaginal ultrsound to check on my cervic.. which it appeared to be closed.. but when he had to bare down, you could seeo n the screen fluid shooting out of the cervix opening each time.. He said this was normal.. (but this doctor also noted I had a yeast infection and did not give me any medication for it) so I don't think he really was that great of a doctor to begin with.. It seems to me like there should not be any fluid coming out of the cervix.. it's spose to be closed and anything that would come out of it would be coming from the uterus where the baby is which doesn't sound good to me.. Well today I've had a couple pretty crampy contractions as well.. and I'm just wondering if I should be concerned about the fluid we seen on the ultrasound? They didn't even look at the bbay or make sure I wasn't missing any fluid around the baby.. They only looked at my cervix.. =/

by on Dec. 2, 2011 at 7:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Dec. 2, 2011 at 7:58 PM
Not sure have you talked to reg dr?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NookBoookMom
by on Dec. 2, 2011 at 7:58 PM

I have no idea, here is a bump!

sweetgrlangel
by Bronze Member on Dec. 2, 2011 at 8:02 PM

doctors don't perscribe medication for yeast infections.  You use over the counter.  At least thats what all the doctors here do, unless its a bacterial infection.

ValRiggs
by on Dec. 2, 2011 at 8:21 PM

Hmm.. here they prescribe meds.. Either the prescription cream or the pill you take once.. I've been prescribed the cream twice now and used it but it obviously didn't work.. so I dunno.. The dr last night said he was gonna give me the pill.. even has his prescription tablet out.. and then he was like well.. just see if it gets worse.. then ask ur regular doctor.. I'm like... ok? A yeast infection during pregnancy if left untreated can cause complications such as preterm labor if it gets up to the baby.. so I really don't think that guy knew what he was talkin bout.. and I'm pretty sure he said he was gonna be there again tonight.. so it would be pointless to go back.. But if it's something I should be concerned about.. like leaking fluid.. I don't just wanna sit around.. =/

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:05 PM

I know I usually get extra vaginal fluid when I get closer to 30 weeks.  Im not sure though about the yeast infection.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)