Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

:-( 39 weeks and 4 days and not dilating ??

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:42 AM
  • 16 Replies
So I have been induced with 3 out of my 4 daughters but really want to do natural this time. We have one family member by us that can help with girls and he is leaving on December 7th so I have like 3 days to have a baby or no support is it a bad sign that I am not dilating is there some sure way natural ways to move this along? Please any advice!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamma2B666
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:45 AM
I'm a first timer... But here's a bump! And some baby dust *******
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mz.burke
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:48 AM
Try nipple stimulation, hot bath, walking alot, or intercorse. Those are all natural ways to dialate
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:50 AM

Well convenience induction is not the safest route so I would encourage you to look for more help~~
What about sitters, doula, neighbors, coworkers, someone else that can help?

Avoiding unecessary risks in favor of health & safety is a serious consideration.

You can try "home remedies" some will be more/less risky, how far are you willing to take this?

mamaelle88

I was dilated 2cm for 2 months... LOL. and was 2 weeks overdue with my first pregnancy... If this aint your first, you should understand, baby comes when baby is ready!!

Jlg777
These and also don't he discuraged about not being dialated. I didn't dialate at all with my previous 3 preg till I was in active labor.

Quoting mz.burke:

Try nipple stimulation, hot bath, walking alot, or intercorse. Those are all natural ways to dialate

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicoal4
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:52 AM
Well we just moved here he works at new job I don't work no friends no family and no co-workers so I am
Pretty nervous that he isn't going to miss it all together cause we won't have anyone to sit with them well in labor

Quoting doulala:

Well convenience induction is not the safest route so I would encourage you to look for more help~~

Avoiding unecessary risks in favor of health & safety is a serious consideration.

You can try "home remedies" some will be more/less risky, how far are you willing to take this?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicoal4
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:54 AM
And I don't want to put my baby in danger why I sm choosing to do natural I am bouncing on yoga ball ad we speak/ type :-)

Quoting nicoal4:

Well we just moved here he works at new job I don't work no friends no family and no co-workers so I am

Pretty nervous that he isn't going to miss it all together cause we won't have anyone to sit with them well in labor

Quoting doulala:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mz.burke
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:57 AM
Well there natural ways to naturaly induse ur self. My doc told me to do this if I wanted to naturaly Induse myself and it worked

Quoting Jlg777:

These and also don't he discuraged about not being dialated. I didn't dialate at all with my previous 3 preg till I was in active labor.

Quoting mz.burke:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:58 AM

A birth doula (team) would be really helpful~
I have done the "tag-team" game with dad where we take turns helping the mom / helping the kiddos.    It helps to establish a relationship earlier on (as early as possible) so he kids feel comfortable (and so will the parents, lol).

If you can find someone to do something like that it helps.
You can induce (in one form or another) but is still risky.   The least risky-but effective would be sex and walking...   from there the methods are less effective & tend to become more risky.   
I tend to suggest that moms start with working towards the very safest routes first, whenever we can!
;-)

Good luck with this, I do understand!!
I just had a doula start coming to my prenatal appointments so she could be familiar with our family and then there wasn't any surprise when she showed up for childcare duty (at 4 am for 3 days, or whatever I might need, hehe).

Hope things work out!

doulala
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:00 AM

Be aware that "natural" can still by risky / too intense / dangerous.   

Quoting mz.burke:

Well there natural ways to naturaly induse ur self. My doc told me to do this if I wanted to naturaly Induse myself and it worked

Quoting Jlg777:

Quoting mz.burke:

Just as a woman’s heart knows,

How and when to pump,

Her lungs to inhale,

And her hand to pull back from fire,

So she knows when and how to give birth.

- Virginia Di

ICAN

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)