Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

when did you pick out baby names?

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:52 AM
  • 40 Replies

As soon as I found out I was pregnant and started accepting and liking the idea I was pregnant again, my best friend and I were bringing up names, and were going over them... (the father isn't in the picture, so dont ask why I am not discussing names with him) 

and we decided... for a boy Bryce Duane and a girl Chloe Victoria. 

So When did you starting picking out names, and what were are your choices? 

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BeansMommy2012
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:03 AM
The day we found out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Heather2001
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:14 AM

With this one, right away.  My previous two, we waited until after I was over halfway through.

nicoal4
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:15 AM
Well I am 39 weeks and 4 days and we decided 2 days ago lol we had like Sonya but it actually comes from Sophia which is are other daughters name so we went with Natalya Lynn
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Devious103102
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:15 AM

With this pregnancy we had names picked by 18weeks (though they're still subject to change, lol). The reason I wanted them picked out by then is because when I had my 20wk u/s (Nov 22) I didn't plan on finding out baby's sex but DH did, so I didn't want his name preference to give away what the baby is.

Christiansmom44
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:19 AM
We decided a few weeks after we found out- 15 weeks.

Sophia Grace or Isaiah Gabriel.

It's a girl.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
court.0125
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:19 AM
I am 21 weeks and still have no name picked out lol... I have a few in mind but nothing set in stone yet!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamaelle88
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:49 AM

I don't want to know the sex of this baby, but I am willing my cousin to attend when time to get the gender, so she can tell people for a future baby shower. They want me to cut a piece of cake to tell me what the baby's gender is. Works for me. So I won't know the sex until may, but everyone else will.  LOL. 

Quoting Devious103102:

With this pregnancy we had names picked by 18weeks (though they're still subject to change, lol). The reason I wanted them picked out by then is because when I had my 20wk u/s (Nov 22) I didn't plan on finding out baby's sex but DH did, so I didn't want his name preference to give away what the baby is.

mamaelle88
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:51 AM

Awe congrads to knowing the sex so early. My daughter was so STUBBORN. When I went in for my 18 weeks scan, she had her legs closed tightly, and then by 20 weeks, the tech asked me what I wanted, I said a boy, and as soon as I said that, those legs opened quick, and her heart rate went up. SHE WAS PISSED AT ME! LOL. 

Quoting Christiansmom44:

We decided a few weeks after we found out- 15 weeks.

Sophia Grace or Isaiah Gabriel.

It's a girl.

laceycolston
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:55 AM

hmmmm...within a few weeks of finding out we originally had lillian picked out but then when i was talking to a coworker about her name i accidentaly said lillianna and tjat's what her name is today:)

Devious103102
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:00 AM

That's what my brother and his GF did. Didn't find out till their baby shower, which was Oct 22, baby was born Nov 12 =0) 

Quoting mamaelle88:

I don't want to know the sex of this baby, but I am willing my cousin to attend when time to get the gender, so she can tell people for a future baby shower. They want me to cut a piece of cake to tell me what the baby's gender is. Works for me. So I won't know the sex until may, but everyone else will.  LOL. 

Quoting Devious103102:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)