Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Leaving work!

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:03 AM
  • 17 Replies
I am currently 36 weeks pregnant due the 31st . I am a manager at mcdonalds. My supervisor is nice but pretty pushy . Even going as far as saying im scheduled on new years day and if I'm still pregnant i have to work or that's my job!. My question to you ladies is when should i take a leave. My pregnancy is high risk and I'm also a full time student. I'm trying to be a trooper but it's getting so hard. Please help me figure out how to go about this .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tna7477
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:50 AM
I don't know when I worked I worked until I went into labor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Krat1209
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:04 AM
That was my original plan but i really am completely burned out . If i could get her to cut my shifts down but working these 10hour shifts are killing me.

Quoting tna7477:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tna7477
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:06 AM
Then I would do it soon so baby don't get stressed. But that takes away from being home with them longer after birth. Higs

Quoting Krat1209:

That was my original plan but i really am completely burned out . If i could get her to cut my shifts down but working these 10hour shifts are killing me.

Quoting tna7477:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:06 AM
I went into labor at work at 37wks 4days, so im no help
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Krat1209
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:14 AM
Your right i never thought of it that way. I should just stick it out so that i can have the full 6 weeks to be with him.

Quoting tna7477:

Then I would do it soon so baby don't get stressed. But that takes away from being home with them longer after birth. Higs

Quoting Krat1209:

Quoting tna7477:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kblpooh
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:15 AM
Have your Dr write a medical note saying you need reduced hours or an early leave. Then they have to follow it by law. Make sure you make copy of it and document every conversation you have with them about it in case they try to fight you on it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heathermarie23
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:21 AM

I don't know.  I worked until I went into labor with both of my kids.  I didn't want to be home not making money if I didn't have to.

TaralynnStewart
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:24 AM
I worked until I had the girls but I had them at 35 and 36 weeks so I'm
Not sure. I guess take it when your ready!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tna7477
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:26 AM
That's what I be sayin momma unless it is cause baby harm then take off. god bless you sweety

Quoting Krat1209:

Your right i never thought of it that way. I should just stick it out so that i can have the full 6 weeks to be with him.

Quoting tna7477:

Quoting Krat1209:

Quoting tna7477:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laurenb1
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:28 AM
Idk I worked til I was like 6 months but I was a bus person in a restaurant and couldn't life the required amount anymore
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)