Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HUGE Question for ladies in first trimester...

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:21 AM
  • 15 Replies

Okay my question is in reguards to implantation cramping.  Did it feel to you in the first month of your pregnancy like you were getting ready to get your period, but never did?  Like a sharp kinda cramping but it goes away?  Like this type of cramping last for maybe an hour or less, on and off for about two days or more?  More like in the pelvic area at one side? 

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luckyme7
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:26 AM
I had lots a period like cramping my first pregnancy. None this time.
misskrys86
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:34 AM
Yes. I am 6 weeks and sometimes I still run to the bathroom worried I'm gonna see blood because it feels like period cramps. Judging by some of the books I've read its pretty normal. Like you said sometimes mine last a second, sometimes more. Talk to you doctor, but mild cramping is pretty normal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tna7477
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:34 AM
I don't think I have ever had any cramps for implanting. Hugs sorry I am no help
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenzachsam
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:09 PM

Thanks ladies!!!  Have a happy and healthy 9 months!!!

tobemomofthree
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:14 PM
Mine was more of a pinching on one side them cramps across the front. GL!!!:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
magicalmommy12
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:27 PM

I am long out of the first trimester but I do remember that right around the time implantation occurred, I had some mild cramping predominantly on the left side. This made me run to the bathroom to see if my period had started everytime I had a glob of discharge. I did have something that somewhat resembled a short & very light period but looking back I think that bleeding came from a combination of a cyst on my ovary bursting open which triggered ovulation and implantation occuring.

BabyFruit Ticker
laceycolston
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:30 PM

it'd your uterus growing:)

jenzachsam
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:38 PM

TY ladies!!!

kinleysmom11
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:40 PM

YES. this happened to me. It freaked me out because this was my first pregnancy. (i'm 9 months now). Babycenter.com has some AWESOME advice on this. It felt like my period was going to start and never did. Watch for spotting and things like that, although I think it might actually be normal to get a light period in your first month of pregnancy, not 100% sure on that though. They say during implantation your egg is attaching itself the the wall of your uterus and your placenta is starting to form and all of that jazz, so it can feel like period cramps. I had this cramping off and on for a few months after the first month too. I asked my doctor about it and she said it was normal and that my uterus was stretching. Talk to your doc about it though, it will make you feel a lot better when she tells you everything is going according to plan.

jenzachsam
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:46 PM

Thank-you and I will make an appt asap!!

Quoting kinleysmom11:

YES. this happened to me. It freaked me out because this was my first pregnancy. (i'm 9 months now). Babycenter.com has some AWESOME advice on this. It felt like my period was going to start and never did. Watch for spotting and things like that, although I think it might actually be normal to get a light period in your first month of pregnancy, not 100% sure on that though. They say during implantation your egg is attaching itself the the wall of your uterus and your placenta is starting to form and all of that jazz, so it can feel like period cramps. I had this cramping off and on for a few months after the first month too. I asked my doctor about it and she said it was normal and that my uterus was stretching. Talk to your doc about it though, it will make you feel a lot better when she tells you everything is going according to plan.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)