Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

membrain sweep/mucus plug question?

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:55 AM
  • 8 Replies

im 3 cm and 90% effaced i thought i lost my mucus plug a few days ago it was mostly yellow then like a clear ball with a little blood streak. I had my membrains swept yesterday and about 12 hours later i started having A TON of pink/bloody dishcarge, the discharge has been going on for 7 hours now and theres a pretty massive amount of it Im just wondering if this is normal/what it is?

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
NookBoookMom
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:58 AM

here is a bump, I would defintely call your doctor though,

Kellileanne
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:24 AM

I would definitely call your dr.  Some discharge after a membrane sweep is normal but for it to be going on so long and the amount I would definitely call.

doulala
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:35 AM

This might not be normal, hard to know what exactly a "ton of bleeding" means.
Please be careful with the interventions, these are risky, I hope all goes well--  good luck!

devinsmom42
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I always bled after I had my membranes swept. And also didn't go into labor lol. Its probably from your cervix being irritated from that. Or maybe your getting close and its your bloody show.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LarissaLopeman
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:43 AM
When I lost my bloody show a day after having my membrains it was a lot at first then for the next 2 days it wasn't very much. Just a little. I would call just to be on the safe side. Keep us updated. Hope everything is ok.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babygomez
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:47 AM

I can't tell you if the massive amount is normal or not. I had my membranes swept this past Tuesday, have not had much discharge, and didn't lose my plug until yesterday. I know everyone is different. If i were you, i'd call my dr's office and see what they think. They may have you go in to be seen, maybe not.

Best wishes!

mem82
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:47 AM

Sounds like a bloody show. I would walk, walk, walk. It might not hurt to call and let your doctor know. Good luck! I had my membrane swept and went into labor a few hours later. 8)

jaydensmomma772
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 12:13 AM

well its been 36 hours and still no labor but she said a lot of bloody discharge can be normal so thats good

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)