Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just how bad is stress when you are pregnant?

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:37 AM
  • 13 Replies

I don't mean to sound stupid but we are going through a very very stressful situation with my family and its all I can think about and I have always heard stress is bad for a pregnant body but just how bad is it?

BabyName Ticker

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadyCaidy
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:58 AM

Probably not good but sometimes there's nothing you can do about it, life happens... just try to relax as much as possible. Maybe pick up on some soothing techniques, yoga, meditation, prayer, whatever helps you find a happy peaceful place.

NookBoookMom
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:02 AM

stress can make labor come on sooner or put stress on the baby that isnt needed, but I hear ya on stress, life can take turns, just remeber to rest when u can

mydarlingsofia
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:00 AM

You know, that's a really good question!! I wonder... I'm sure it could bring on labor, but who really knows. 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

mem82
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:03 AM

Stress is never good but as long as you keep it under control you'll be fine. With my first, I was so stressed I was terrified I would miscarry but I didn't. Missie is also the most chill, calm personality you are ever going to run across, too. LOL

2boysmommy.js
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:21 AM

well i was just relased from LD yesterday after a few hrs there from stress. it was causing my vision to go black, vomiting, nasua, numb hands, and headache....

once i was there and had no choice but to calm down i was fine

kittiecat88
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:25 AM
Good question. I hope its not too bad :( otherwise I'm in for it :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KarenandaBaby
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:13 PM

My pregnancy has been highly stressful. So, I hope it's not too bad on the little guy.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

mz.burke
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:17 PM
My stress leavels were really high when I was prego. But I guess it all depends on ur body
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrs_smiph
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:28 PM

I've read (info that my midwife gave me...don't know if I could find it online to share with you) that stressed pregnancies are more likely to have those fetuses become murderers as adults.  That was the worst scenario in that article.  The same article listed ADD/ADHD and other mental disorders as results of stressed pregnancies.  They studied children whose mother had lost her spouse during her pregnancy vs. children who'd lost their fathers after their birth (so having no bio father in the home was one of the controls).  

For example, my ex-husband was diagnosed with ADD as a kid and has many hardships and addictions in his life.  When his mother (my XMIL) was pregnant with him, she went through her 3 yo daughter's serious illness and kidney transplant (donated by the father, my XFIL).   

All in all, I'd say do all  you can to keep stress at bay.  Good luck.  I'm sorry you're going through a hard time.

babygomez
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 3:49 AM
1 mom liked this

hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)