Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what is the funniest thing your dh/so has done when u went into labor ?

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:49 AM
  • 21 Replies
1 mom liked this

I was talking to dh last night and I was telling him all the funny things he did when my water broke for both kids and he said nah it was funny b/c he was nervous,

with DS I woke up early morning and told him my water had broken and I was literally sitting on a towel and he goes oh sh** gets up and goes I need to shower and shave!!! I went WTF ?  im sitting there yelling for him to hurry up and my contractions are now full blown and he was shaving! comes out and goes how do I look ? omg I could have strangled him! looking back it was funny but omg it wasnt then, he did the same thing when my water broke for DD , i told him this time around he doesnt need the damn shower b/c the hospital is 45 mins away.

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadyCaidy
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this

With my 1st he was a really good coach, I had an epi and labor was 26 hours so things were slow and calm. With my 2nd I told him my water broke, and he said ok let me finish mowing the lawn (?!) I wasn't have any contractions yet so I let him finish the lawn and he took a shower... then when we finally got to the hospital I was already 7cm and immediately went into the birthing tub. I'm in full blown transition and he says You look so damn sexy right now... it's cute now, but at the time I was like if you ever touch me again I will KILL you lol. My 2nd labor went so fast and was so intense that he stood in the corner pale and scared and the nurse had to coach me through it. I'm hoping he'll be more prepared for baby #3 because it'll be all natural as well... we'll see. He just keeps saying I know your body can do it, I'll just sit back and watch, haha!

NikkiBabii24
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:06 AM

lol i don't know yet this is my first =) 

birdiemom
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:07 AM
This is our 1st so we will have to wait and see...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babygomez
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:26 AM
Lol, that's funny.
Nothing comes to mind :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
perezamberly
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:28 AM
Hehe I can't wait to see the replies!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JZB
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:29 AM
My water broke at 1 am but I want to make sure I didn't pee so I made him wake up and smell it. I started having real bad contractions a hr later and he slept until we went to the hospital and I was 8 cm he slept through most of my labor
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
perezamberly
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:30 AM
I read belly laughs by Jenny mckarthy and she was saying how when she was in labor she asked her husband to get her a wet wash cloth and he comes back with the corner of the wash cloth wet. Hahahaha gets me every time. I laugh so hard!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ffirsttimemommy
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:31 AM
Mine was complaining his feet hurt as I was having a contraction
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
devinsmom42
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Well it wasn't funny at all lol. But this was my ex as well and he's an ass anyway. So we arrive at the hospital and they tell me to walk to get things going. Well I walk alone while he naps in my bed ugh. Then when I come to the room to lay down he actually says can't u just sit on the couch!?! Hell no and u can just leave lol. So then I'm in labor and feeling the need to push and can't reach my dam call button so I yell to him while he is still sleeping. He wouldn't wake up!! So I grab the only thing I have near me which happens to be a pitcher of water and throw it at his head!! He wakes up pissed! It was horrible and needless to say we aren't together anymore.

My current df is such a sweetheart tho. I know it was hard for him BC I had 60hrs of labor with pitocin but he did whatever I asked happily. He went home like ten times for random stuff I wanted. And then in the last stretch I was hurting so bad and just wanted his comfort. So he stood next to the bed and I layed my head on his arm. I fell asleep for over ab hr! And he just stood halfway bent down with his arm on my bed so he wouldn't wake me :). He told me later on his whole arm was tingling from being asleep but he didn't have the heart to bother me when I finally was getting some sleep! I love him lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NookBoookMom
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:33 AM

Quoting perezamberly:

I read belly laughs by Jenny mckarthy and she was saying how when she was in labor she asked her husband to get her a wet wash cloth and he comes back with the corner of the wash cloth wet. Hahahaha gets me every time. I laugh so hard!!!

LMAO! that is something dh would do,

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)