Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need input,please! not sure if it's in my head...

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:08 PM
  • 5 Replies

My fiancee and I are not on any type of birth control, we feel it will happen when it is meant to.     Though I am irregular, I usually recieve my period from the beginning to the middle of the month. November I did not recieve my "period" until the 22nd. I normally have 5-7 days of bleeding. Everything was different, the color and consistency of the blood was lighter,thinner, the cramping completely stopped after the first day, and the light bleeding (on & off) only lasted 3 days (stopping completely on the second day, only to start again that evening). During and immediately following this, I had an unusually high sex drive, insatiable,even. I have been bloated since, accompanied by nausea which is most intense in the morning and midafternoon, when my stomach feels empty, sinuses flaring randomly, gas, moody, always tired, leg,back,& head aches,and (recently) sore nipples. I just FEEL pregnant, but I fear my mind is playing tricks on me! I took two hpt, one before the bleeding, it was negative, and one a day or two after the bleeding, it was also negative. I have not tested in a week or so. I am trying not to get my hopes up, but , as I'm sure you all know, it is very hard not to. I just need some input,please!

*also, I am not sure if it is relevant, but recently I have noticed random bruising everywhere. I don't even know how I could have gotten most of them!

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
magicalmommy12
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:17 PM

I would suggest giving it another 2 -3 days and taking another test. If thats negative and after another week you still havent had a normal period then get a blood test done. I know the month I conceived I thought I got my period even though it was nothing like it normally was. I bled for 3 days, it stopped for a day and then I had spotting for 3 days and I didnt have any of the cramping that usually comes with AF. The bleeding was also a lot lighter then normal. I ended up not getting a positive HPT until 12 weeks.

BabyFruit Ticker
sarahchristi981
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:42 PM

thank you so much for the quick reply! & congratulations,too, by the way. I just have a feeling, which is hard to explain to anyone who has not been in the same boat. i do appreciate the advice, it is just hard to wait to test, & then it is so disappointing to see a negative... you made my day knowing it is a very real possibility dispite the very weird (for me especiay) cramp free bleeding. THANK YOU!

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:45 PM
Test
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3farmboys
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this

this kind of anwsers my question to! had the same kind of period..... i should be around 12 weeks with my fourth but 2 weeks ago on a blood test it said i wasnt pregnant with a hcg level of 1 so i hope here soon it will show up as well

Quoting magicalmommy12:

I would suggest giving it another 2 -3 days and taking another test. If thats negative and after another week you still havent had a normal period then get a blood test done. I know the month I conceived I thought I got my period even though it was nothing like it normally was. I bled for 3 days, it stopped for a day and then I had spotting for 3 days and I didnt have any of the cramping that usually comes with AF. The bleeding was also a lot lighter then normal. I ended up not getting a positive HPT until 12 weeks.

Larsbug
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:56 PM

random bruising everywhere is something that needs to be checked by your doctor... it is a first indication of something more serious like leukemia... I doubt that's what it is but doesn't hurt to get it checked... as for the rest of it... test in a few more days and see what that says.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)