Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Scary moment this am!

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:01 PM
  • 14 Replies

I am 20 weeks along and haven't had any issues yet. In fact, my blood pressure has been perfect, no weight gain, and no sign of gestational diabetes ( I had GD with 1st pregnancy). I had not eaten and I know not enough water intake this am either, so I'm sure that is what happened. Anyway, I was cooking breakfast and all of a sudden my head got really hot. Then I felt like there was pressure on my head and my shoulders pushing me down. I started to get dizzy and so I cut the stove off in the middle of cooking and barely made it to the kitchen table. Once I got there, my vision got distorted and so I just sat there until I could get up. I still have my blood sugar monitor from the 1st pregnancy and so I took my reading and it was perfectly normal.

I know how I feel when my blood pressure is up, and I didn't feel that way at all ( I get flushed and extremely red all over). I didn't want to panic and call the Dr, but I am keeping note of this incident. Has anyone else had this happen to were they almost passed out?

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NookBoookMom
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:04 PM

prolly from not eating, did u feel better once u ate ?

mommiofalilboy
by Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:07 PM
Ur sugar could have been low instead of high thats what happens with me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinlife2005
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:08 PM

I did and I felt extremely thirsty. I drink a ton of water though and I drink thoughout the night when I have to get up to go potty. I thought I was okay this am and just wanted to get cooking done and over with b/c I was starving for some pancakes!

Quoting NookBoookMom:

prolly from not eating, did u feel better once u ate ?

lovinlife2005
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:09 PM

Do you get the same sensations when it is low? My reading was 105, but I didn't think it was low.

Quoting mommiofalilboy:

Ur sugar could have been low instead of high thats what happens with me.

JTnJT
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:20 PM

Yes!!  Several times during this pregnancy I have had a very similar experience....my skin gets hot and flush, my head starts to feel like it's "floating" and I get dizzy and sensitive to light....doc checked my blood pressure, sugar levels (3 hour glucose test)....both of which have been right on target....still haven't figured out why this has been happening....but doc doesn't seemed too concerened about it as long as blood pressure and sugars are where they should be....so IDK.

mydarlingsofia
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:53 PM

It's happened to me. Come to find out, I have low iron.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

nebraskamomof3
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:00 PM

Yep this has happened to me with all of my pregnancy's alot and once when I was driving and pregnant. I have passed out twice but have learned when to spot it coming so I can sit down and breath. It is scary but it is a drop in blood pressure or the baby sitting on a nerve.

mommiofalilboy
by Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:54 PM

yep i actually fainted in walmart from it.

MonikaRhea
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:14 PM
It could be from you being hungry or also the baby could have had a little fever.... I no it affects you like that when baby is feverish
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babygomez
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 3:56 AM

Yikes, no i've never experienced this.

Hope you're all better!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)