Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

quick question ladies

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:36 PM
  • 6 Replies
My dd was diagnosed like 4 days ago with a bacterial infection of the throat.. she gets straight penicillin 4 times a day (5ml).. well her tonsils are still swollen and red and so are her lymphnoids in her neck are swollen.. she is very sleepy ..has the chills(no fever that have noticed).. has been drinking but not eatting.. idk what to do.. what would you ladies do
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mama12-2011
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:39 PM

eeek, :/ honestly idk hun, sorry and i hope your DD feels better soon! But sounds like this is a question for a mommy group...

kt2babies
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 12:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Sounds.like.she.needs.to.be rechecked. If she.has been on meds for 4 days she.should show signs of improvement
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mnt_2_b_mommy
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 12:47 AM

Is she any better at all? Does she complain of pain in those areas? I would probably get her rechecked (not ER, urgent care or after hours line should be good enough). She may just need a different antibiotic. Did they do a culture to see what antibiotic would work best?

mrs.white71809
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 1:58 PM
I took her to the er last night.. her infection is still there she isn't contagious though.. and she has a middle ear infection.. so they prescribed stronger antibiotic and steroids..if she ain't better by Wed I gotta bring her back in
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama12-2011
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 2:16 PM

hope she gets better real soon!

NookBoookMom
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 2:40 PM

take her back to the doctors,

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)