Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you chalk it up to regular pregnancy symptoms? Update in posts.

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:09 PM
  • 11 Replies
Dh wants me to go to the er cause i was doubling over in pain today. It was in my belly button and hurt so badly i literally had to sit down in the middle of babies r us for like half an hour or an hour. I was in so much pain i just couldnt move. On top of that i woke up this morning and had some really sharp pain in my vaginal area. I even lost a few very small pieces of my mucus plug. This all scared him cause im only 11 weeks along. On top of that ive got a virus that gave me a bunch of canker sores and a really sore throat. He says if i have any more pain tomorrow we are going in to the er. I keep trying to tell him this is all normal and part of pregnancy but he insists i need to get checked out. I told him ill tell my doc in 2 weeks (next appt) Help me put him at ease.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mem82
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:13 PM

I don't know, maybe you should go get checked out. Pain that hurts for that long, can be normal but it isn't completely normal. The canker sores and what not need to be checked out. That could be something bad, like hand, foot, and mouth disease, like little kids get.

mommy06and09
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:20 PM
the canker sores are something ive gotten since i was a kid... Some strain of the herpes virus. I get them when i get super stressed and ive been super stressed lately! I just need to drink more water and rest some.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Larsbug
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:24 PM

I am sorry to say but I agree with your husband...I would get checked out.

mommy06and09
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:26 PM
really? Even though i feel fine now?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Larsbug
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:28 PM

well if you feel fine now then just rest and put your feet up, maybe go to bed early but I would at least for yours, babies, and DH's sake call your doc on Monday and let them know what is going on... they may want to see you sooner than 2 weeks from now.

Quoting mommy06and09:

really? Even though i feel fine now?

proudmommy690
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:30 PM
i think i'd have to agree with your husband. definitely get checked out..especially if you're in that much pain and losing your mucous plug that early :-/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy06and09
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:15 PM
And i very well may end up going tonight cause now im coughing up phlegm!!! AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:55 PM

Hang in there. Sounds like you probably have a bug or something. Maybe the pain is a separate issue. You should call the on call doctor at the hospital.

coralbeth
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 12:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Honestly I have constant pain during pregnancy. It could be nothing but I've gone to the ER for less pain then your in just to be on the safe side. It is perfectly normal to badger your doctors office with phone calls about concerns. They can advise you to go in or just rest at home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aevasmama
by on Dec. 6, 2011 at 12:52 AM
Better to be safe than sorry. You may be ok but what about your baby? I wouldn't chance it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)