Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

just watched.. the business of being born

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:51 PM
  • 37 Replies
4 moms liked this
Wow... Recommend it for all u pregnant ladies... Really opened my eyes to hospitals and pregnancy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:05 PM

Yup, it's a good movie.

.Angelica.
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:34 PM
1 mom liked this

watch pregnant in america too. it's on netflix.

doulala
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:49 PM

Are you going to be having a hospital birth?

Devious103102
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 12:36 AM

Watched it after I had DD3. Deff a big eye opener. 

StephanieB.
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 12:52 AM
I loved that film!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
precious1114
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 1:13 AM
3 moms liked this
I turned it off. I dont agree with half of it. Me and my dh discussed having an ob vs a midwife. Midwives dont have as much medical education as an ob. My friend lost a baby bc during ultra sounds they found the cord to be too short. Baby dropped causing the cord to tear causing a blood clot that went to the babys heart... this midwife waited till 42 weeks to do a nst. Baby died before then. Having an ob might have saved that baby. I had a horrible induction with my son. I did my research wrote my birth plan and he trying to stick to it unless baby goes into distress
precious1114
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 1:18 AM
More of this falls on the mother. Not the drs. Ppl juat think drs like to do things and they dont they have to do things to avoid a lawsuit if something were to happen. How would you like it if your life style and life depended on making a decision that could break your career. You just have to find an ob that agrees with ur choices and plans and a hoapital that agrees too. Im delivering at a catholic hoapital and they very much push education and natural child birth
doulala
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 1:42 AM
2 moms liked this

Precious, it is true ( a fact ) that OBs intervene frequently (not in favor of mother/baby health & safety).   It's helpful to understand that statistically, a midwife will provide a safer outcome for women.    Most pregnancies and labors will be better off with a normal birth expert not a intervention-preferring/high-risk doctor/surgeon.     Although OBs are more common in the US, so are poor outcomes for the average healthy mother/baby.     You can scan through the World Health Organization or other places to see statistics and learn that midwifery care is safer for women overall.    

The US spends more on maternity care than anywhere else in the world but the outcomes are not among the safest.   It is interesting and unfortunate.   And why so many women feel so strongly about advocating-- 

And know there is a big difference between the difference types of midwives, too.

akrogers13
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2011 at 2:00 AM

still trying to get dh to watch it so he'll understand a little better why i wanna go natural this time! very good movie tho! really opens ur eyes!

GonZaleZgiRl86
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 2:10 AM
I don't know im watching it now I thought it would help me with my fears of going natural not just bash on drs and hospitals. Yes c-sections or happening to much. But not all drs are bad just like not all midwives are good ... the most interesting thing was learning about birth back in the day...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)