Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Ask the Experts: Everything You Want to Know About Baby Names!

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 11:44 AM
  • 160 Replies
1 mom liked this

Are you having a hard time deciding between baby names? Do you want to know the history of the name you've selected? What baby name trends are we likely to see in 2012?

Our baby name experts can help you with these questions and much more! CafeMom is thrilled to welcome Pamela Redmond Satran and Linda Rosenkrantz, of the popular baby name site Nameberry.com, to answer YOUR questions about choosing a name for your baby.

Just post your questions as replies to this post. Pam and Linda will share their responses here as well. They will be here all week starting December 12.

One lucky mom who asks a question will win a copy of Pam and Linda's book, "The Baby Name Bible: The Ultimate Guide By America's Baby-Naming Experts."

The Official Rules
To enter the contest, reply to this post. Click on the 'reply to post' button at the top (or bottom) of that post. When the text box opens, add your reply. Once you've added your reply, click on the "Add Reply' button.

Posts must be made between Wednesday, December 7, 2011 at 11 am EST and Friday, December 16 at 5 pm EST.  

• This contest will end on Friday, December 16, 2011 at 5 pm EST
  • One winner will be selected randomly.
  • The winner will be posted on this thread and will be notified via CafeMom PM.
  • Multiple replies are allowed and will increase  your chances of winning.
  • Prizes are only available to members who live in the US or Canada (excluding Quebec).
  • Prizes must be claimed within 10 days of notice of winning.
  • One winner will receive a copy of "The Baby Name Bible."
by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 11:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nicoal4
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2011 at 11:47 AM
My hubby is half Italian with an Italian last name and well the rest of are kids have kailey Carolyn khloe and Sophia he wants this baby to be more Italian Natalya Benenati I would love to hear anything you have to say about the name
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Ruby Member on Dec. 8, 2011 at 1:31 PM

How do you feel about people naming their kids after themselves. Do you think the 'juniors' will continue or do you feel that the trend is starting to fade out?

MommySwiggles
by on Dec. 8, 2011 at 1:39 PM

I am 13 weeks pregnant and we will find out the sex of the baby in 5 weeks at our next appointment.  Anywho, I pretty much got to name our first two so hubby is very insistent on his naming this baby. 

He likes Micah for a boy, but our last name starts with a C and has the "kuh" sound.  While I like Micah, I don't think it flows with our last name.  If it is a boy, his middle name will be Bennett.  Any suggestions?

MommySwiggles
by on Dec. 8, 2011 at 1:41 PM

If the baby is a girl, he wants Hannah, but I can not for the life of me find a middle name.  I do not want something common like, Lynn, Nicole, Marie, Ann... the typical middle names.

MFCsarah
by on Dec. 8, 2011 at 1:41 PM

I chose to name my daughter Alice because I have never met anyone named Alice that was born after 1950. I feel it is a older, classic name. Do you think there may be a raise in the "older" names making a come back?

mommyprice09
by on Dec. 8, 2011 at 1:55 PM

we have chosen Kruz brian for our baby name

Do you know anything about the names?

LucyLau
by on Dec. 8, 2011 at 1:55 PM

We have an Irish last name, so our names lean towards the Irish side, but our children are more Italian (we're both Italian and Irish) and we would like to honor the Italian side, does it sound weird to have an Italian first name with and Irish last name.

Also, my husband is insisting that it's ok to have the double L. (I'm Lucy Laughlin and my son is Liam Laughlin) and I'm trying to avoid it. He likes Luke Laughlin and Lilly Laughlin and I think they are too hard to say. (And we don't pronounce is Laugh - Lin it's Lock - Lin) What do you think?

MiCHELLEx
by on Dec. 8, 2011 at 1:56 PM
Do you think naming children with unique spelling is honestly unique nowadays? Like Ryleigh, Ayva, Izabella, Aaliyah, Jazmyn, etc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Dec. 8, 2011 at 1:57 PM
i can tan tell ya that trend wont fade lol.

Quoting mem82:

How do you feel about people naming their kids after themselves. Do you think the 'juniors' will continue or do you feel that the trend is starting to fade out?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skittlebeans88
by on Dec. 8, 2011 at 2:02 PM
1 mom liked this
What do you ladies think of the name Emily Marie? That's what we are planning on naming our first baby. She's due jan 23! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)