Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Chiropractic care to induce labor?

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 8:40 PM
  • 13 Replies

At my appointment today my chiropractor mentioned that I can make an appointment in a few weeks and she can help get contractions started if I haven't had the baby yet.

I'm waiting for test results to see if I have Cholestasis and if I do I'll most likely have to be induced next week (37 weeks) I was worried about bring induced with a VBAC but now I'm thinking if I do have to be induced I'm going to try this! Just wondering if anyone else has done this and does it work?

by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 8:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Dec. 7, 2011 at 8:50 PM
I didnt know that was possible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2011 at 8:58 PM

I had heard of accupressure points that were supposed to help. Not sure if it's similar to what she would be doing, she just said it has to do with my feet.

Quoting Autumn19:

I didnt know that was possible.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Dec. 7, 2011 at 9:27 PM

Ive never done it before, but I have done accupressure to get contractions back going

doulala
by Emerald Member on Dec. 7, 2011 at 11:05 PM

Yes lots of ladies have; I have.    It's a great and safe alternative to other options, so if you're facing a medical induction then do this first!
:-)

.Angelica.
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2011 at 11:22 PM

So it really works? This has me very hopeful if my tests come back bad. I was honestly very worried about a pitocin induction. I will most definitely be going to the chiropractor before heading to the hospital if I need to be induced! I didn't even know this was possible.

Quoting doulala:

Yes lots of ladies have; I have.    It's a great and safe alternative to other options, so if you're facing a medical induction then do this first!
:-)

doulala
by Emerald Member on Dec. 8, 2011 at 12:10 AM

It does for a lot of women, although it didn't induce me.   My body really wasn't ready yet....    But still, it is a great alternative to invasive measures and risky interventions.
Best wishes!!

Quoting .Angelica.:

So it really works? This has me very hopeful if my tests come back bad. I was honestly very worried about a pitocin induction. I will most definitely be going to the chiropractor before heading to the hospital if I need to be induced! I didn't even know this was possible.

.Angelica.
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2011 at 12:12 AM

thank you! it's still at least worth a try.

Quoting doulala:

It does for a lot of women, although it didn't induce me.   My body really wasn't ready yet....    But still, it is a great alternative to invasive measures and risky interventions.
Best wishes!!

Quoting .Angelica.:

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Dec. 8, 2011 at 12:17 AM

I wish I had tried it. Or at least tried to get everything in the right position. My hips were all messed up and my baby was laying sideways and facing backwards. I bet just getting that fixed would have allowed me to go into labor. I say it is worth a try if you have cholestasis.

mnt_2_b_mommy
by on Dec. 8, 2011 at 12:25 AM

I saw my chiropractor often in my last pregnancy, especially towards the end. I didn't go into labor until almost 41 weeks. It sure felt good getting adjusted though!

.Angelica.
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2011 at 12:28 AM

it's not a regular adjustment she said she'd be doing, but something with my feet.

Quoting mnt_2_b_mommy:

I saw my chiropractor often in my last pregnancy, especially towards the end. I didn't go into labor until almost 41 weeks. It sure felt good getting adjusted though!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN