Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

fever but not sick?

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2011 at 7:13 PM
  • 4 Replies
I checked my temp because my face was red and was 101.3 but i feel fine just tired. What could thid mean? I still havent had my period and neg test. Can you get a fever twhile pregnant?
by on Dec. 15, 2011 at 7:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mnt_2_b_mommy
by on Dec. 16, 2011 at 1:11 AM
1 mom liked this
What do you mean? Of course you can get a fever when you are pregnant but it's not a sign of pregnancy. You are likely just coming down with something. Get lots of rest!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JCHovey
by on Dec. 16, 2011 at 1:18 AM

A fever is not a sign of pregnancy. It is however a sign that you are getting sick and being tired is also another sign of that. Get your rest, drink plenty of fluids, and take some tylonal because it will make the fever go down.

BabyName Ticker

mnt_2_b_mommy
by on Dec. 16, 2011 at 1:21 AM
While I agree with this, a low fever is actually beneficial and taking a fever reducer is not recommended at such a low temp. Fevers help the body fight infection.

Quoting JCHovey:

A fever is not a sign of pregnancy. It is however a sign that you are getting sick and being tired is also another sign of that. Get your rest, drink plenty of fluids, and take some tylonal because it will make the fever go down.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Dec. 16, 2011 at 1:54 AM

Yes you can, and in the first trimester it is dangerous for the baby if you have a fever. You may have an infection of some sort.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured