Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Is this my mucus plug? **WARNING; PIC INCLUDED!

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2012 at 6:52 PM
  • 21 Replies

I have had normal pregnancy discharge like any pregnant woman does in late pregnancy, but NOTHING ever like this! And if it is my mucus plug how long does it usally take afterwards to go into labor? I know you can't give me an exact time, but from your own personal experience how long did it take before you went into labor?

by on Jan. 1, 2012 at 6:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
butterflymomss
by on Jan. 1, 2012 at 6:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I never lost mine but here is a bump for you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skittles2011
by on Jan. 1, 2012 at 6:55 PM
1 mom liked this

yes that looks like a mucus plug. i was so excited when i lost mine with baby #2 (i was so ready to not be pregnant,lol) but my ob said its not an indication as to when labor is going to start because your mucus plug can regrow.

Desirae1394
by on Jan. 1, 2012 at 6:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I never lost mine, but I've known women to lose it multiple times throughout the pregnnacy and others who go into labor within a day or two.

vwd_johnson
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2012 at 6:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd say it's the beginning of your mucous plug for sure. Mine was clear too. MY personal experience it was a week or so, I went into labor 5 weeks early.

Anyway, it could be tomorrow or it could be another 5 weeks. It doesn't always signify labor approaching because you can lose it more than once.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
QuickMomma
by on Jan. 1, 2012 at 6:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes that is your mucus plug and it depends.Everyone is different and if you do not go into labor it will just keep coming and coming till you do.

wife2jeff
by on Jan. 1, 2012 at 6:57 PM
1 mom liked this
That could be part of it, but it's usually accompanied by blood or blood tinged mucous. How far along are you? The mucous plug can regenerate.
haymanisourson
by on Jan. 1, 2012 at 6:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Mine didn't fall out till I was in active labor with both of my boys. But I don't dilate beforehand either. All it really means is that your cervix has started to dilate. My mucous plug had streaks of blood but looked similar to what you've got there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elyssa414
by on Jan. 1, 2012 at 7:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I lost mine at 32 weeks, 34 weeks, 37 weeks and again at 39 weeks. (I was fighting preterm labor for a long time, but baby actually came at 39wks and 6 days... So about 6 days after the last time I lost it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fightclmembr
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2012 at 7:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I lost mine over and over...it regenerates...it really isn't a sign of impending labor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
C_Kight
by on Jan. 1, 2012 at 7:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I lost mine about two weeks ago (at 33 weeks). Like others have said, your mucus plus can grow back and it can be tonight or it could be another couple (or more) of weeks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)